Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Benchmade 9010 auto

Benchmade 9010 auto 2 months 2 weeks ago #17646

• Tdog2nd
  • Fresh Boarder
oh i can see that the 1k grit is an awesome edge for what i do it is perfect but i do have some collectors that i want to show off, and honestly when we bought this system we all knew it would cost money lol
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Benchmade 9010 auto 2 months 2 weeks ago #17647

• mark76
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 375
Instead you can also try to put a double-bevel edge on the knife. Much easier than a convex edge and nearly the same effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tdog2nd

Benchmade 9010 auto 2 months 2 weeks ago #17648

• Tdog2nd
  • Fresh Boarder
i went with a 17 angle and its working well what would be a good double for it??

Benchmade 9010 auto 2 months 2 weeks ago #17649

• tcmeyer
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
I have to agree with Mike. 1000 grit is a great edge. The "toothy" edge produced by 600 & 1000 (think in terms of a micro-micro-serrated edge) seems to be much more practical than the mirror edges, unless they are a much more acute angle. For working knives, I do up to 1000, then I use film-on-glass at 5 and 3 microns to polish the high spots off. The tooth bites into the substrate and the polish lets it slide through more easily. I only do mirror edges on blades which will be displayed more than used.

I learned about "tooth" the day I took my newly WE sharpened, mirror-edged Buck folder out in the shop and couldn't even start to cut through a nylon tow strap. It just glided right over the nylon like it had been greased. You can reduce the effect quite a bit by cutting a "back bevel" to narrow the shoulders of the main bevel. This is the "double bevel" they're talking about. I you went 17 on the main, a good back bevel might be 12 or 13.

Hey Tdog...I think there's a bunch of vets here on the forum, young and old. OK, so I'm old. What's the general take among your group on the Bergdahl thing? Sure is getting stinky back here.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by tcmeyer.

Benchmade 9010 auto 2 months 2 weeks ago #17650

• Tdog2nd
  • Fresh Boarder
Overall I'd say pissed. We are glad that the motto never left behind has been done but now it is his turn to be punished. I have friends who where in the same place with him when he deserted and they are unforgiving for his acts

Benchmade 9010 auto 2 months 2 weeks ago #17668

• tcmeyer
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
I think the UCMJ is pretty much the same as it was back during Viet Nam. Leave your post during a time of war and you're guilty of desertion. I would have thought maybe one junior grunt from Gitmo would have been a fair trade, but then you add not consulting congress in the mix..........Whooo Hoo!

Why would you give up prisoners you knew were going to go back to the front lines again just to get your hands on a Pfc so you could court martial him ?

My guess is that Obama thinks that since he's going to declare victory and leave at the end of the year, he didn't want to leave any loose ends.

I heard that his (Bergdahl's) hometown was "postponing" their celebration.

Benchmade 9010 auto 2 months 1 week ago #17677

• Tdog2nd
  • Fresh Boarder
we never leave someone behind that's why we did it but I have to say they messed the whole thing royally with this trade. I have no doubt that we "own" those 5 but still we lost face in trading for him
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds