Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Favorite/favored carry knife/knives

Favorite/favored carry knife/knives 4 months 2 weeks ago #16583

• GibCurry
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Gib
  • Thank you received: 103
Just found out that the FIRST Annual Seattle Knife Show is April 26th & 27th!!

Very cool.....

www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.ph...rnational-knife-show

Also, information at www.seattleknifeshow.com

Partial list of makers showing:

Don Carlos Andrade, Bruce Bump, Bill Burke, Murray Carter, Saign Charlestein, Jeffrey Driscoll,
Erik Fritz, Gary House, Bob Kramer, Captain Bunshichi Koyama, Randy Lee, David Lisch, Kikuo Matsuda,
Mareko Maumasi, Andrew Meers, Mardi Meshjian, Michael Rader, Ole Pedersen, Michael Quesenberry, JD Smith,
Tom Sterling, Shane Taylor, Devin Thomas, Henry Torres, Alan Warren, Aaron Wilburn, Francesca Wilburn.
~~~~

For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

"My goal is to be a good, practical knife sharpener. My dream is to polish molecules."
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by GibCurry.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, LeoBarr

Favorite/favored carry knife/knives 4 months 1 week ago #16586

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 192
While we are on the subject of "the best"? I thought maybe a few of you would get a kick out of this You tube/sales pitch? I don't know if they are #? 1 but boy oh boy? Talk about not on my pay grade? I'll I will ever do is look and wonder? It ain't happening!!! :whistle: :blink:

www.knivesshipfree.com/japanese-customs/...a9a43933d0c99cffb9c0
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Favorite/favored carry knife/knives 4 months 1 week ago #16587

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
I got that news letter the one thing I don't like about it the information they give is rather scant ; if I were to be enticed I like to know a lot more about what I am buying.
It seems that Kenichi Shiraki is a renowned maker of honyaki blades these are hand forged and folded etc in the same way a samurai sword is made so the prices are actually very good for this maker.
I can say owning an entry level honyaki that they outperform any other knife the more you pay the higher the quality they are made usually of high carbon steel they are not laminated some are stainless and certainly the finish on that collection is of the highest level.
There are honyaki yanagibas that are literally thousands to buy so these are well priced it is a shame that knivesshipfree have not rendered the story of them.

Leo Nav
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by LeoBarr.

Favorite/favored carry knife/knives 4 months 1 week ago #16594

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 192
I spend $2000. on a knife and I wanted the maker to shake my hand!! But that's just me? :huh: :lol:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Favorite/favored carry knife/knives 4 months 1 week ago #16596

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 352
EamonMcGowan wrote:
I spend $2000. on a knife and I wanted the maker to shake my hand!! But that's just me? :huh: :lol:

We want pics! B) B)

Or at least know what knife it was.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds