Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: It's almost Christmas time again.

It's almost Christmas time again. 1 year 2 months ago #9189

• BillWood
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Ok, just call me a 56 year old kid but I just talked to someone at WE and they confirmed that my Pro Pak 1 is still set for delivery next week. It's only been 5 long pain staking weeks. :p

Since I have a pawn shop I only have about 50-60 knives that are awaiting to be caressed by those diamond stones. I have a set of three ( inexpensive ) swords 12"- 22"- 36" inches in length that are going to be my first victims. These swords have never been sharpened and the edge is flat, about 2 mm wide. I am going to remove most of the initial metal with a grinder. I am hoping by the thime I finish with the swords my stones will be broken in enought to start on some nicer knives.

Now, I am just hoping that there is not going to be any unforeseen delays in the shipment. :(

Now if I can only get to sleep the next few nights.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by BillWood. Reason: did not complete
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, SleeplessJunkie

Re: It's almost Christmas time again. 1 year 2 months ago #9190

• SleeplessJunkie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I'm in the same boat as you. My WEPS PP1 is still on backorder and it has yet to leave my mind. I watch videos and browse the forums daily. In fact, I've been nothing but a lurker since this post. I have a SOG Twitch 2, Twitch XL, and a Fallkniven PXL on the way. So excited to put a beautiful edge on those knives. Call it what you will, but I am totally obsessed with this thing and I don't even have it yet.

Re: It's almost Christmas time again. 1 year 2 months ago #9191

• BillWood
  • Junior Boarder
Right with you brother. :)

Re: It's almost Christmas time again. 1 year 2 months ago #9192

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 307
BillWood wrote:
I have a set of three ( inexpensive ) swords 12"- 22"- 36" inches in length that are going to be my first victims. These swords have never been sharpened and the edge is flat, about 2 mm wide. I am going to remove most of the initial metal with a grinder. I am hoping by the thime I finish with the swords my stones will be broken in enought to start on some nicer knives.

Wooh! :cheer: I'd love to do a sword on the WEPS, particularly a 36"one. I guess you have a good chance your stones are broken in after doing them ;) . If you have the time, I'd really appreciate some pics.

And welcome, others too. It sounds like you'll definitely enjoy your WEPS!
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by mark76.

Re: It's almost Christmas time again. 1 year 2 months ago #9194

• Sauce
  • Junior Boarder
SleeplessJunkie wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you. My WEPS PP1 is still on backorder and it has yet to leave my mind. I watch videos and browse the forums daily. In fact, I've been nothing but a lurker since this post. I have a SOG Twitch 2, Twitch XL, and a Fallkniven PXL on the way. So excited to put a beautiful edge on those knives. Call it what you will, but I am totally obsessed with this thing and I don't even have it yet.

Welcome to the forum. There is somewhat of a short learning curve with WE. I am still tweaking my technique after only about 15 sharpenings. I heeded the advice of quite a few on here who recommended to learn on your not so nice or inexpensive knives, then transition into better ones. Just food for thought. Enjoy your sharpener, it's an awesome tool and passtime!

Sauce
The following user(s) said Thank You: SleeplessJunkie

Re: It's almost Christmas time again. 1 year 2 months ago #9195

• SleeplessJunkie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a few work knives and several inexpensive folders and the sort just lying around that i plan on breaking the stones in with. At least until i get the hang of the system.

Re: It's almost Christmas time again. 1 year 2 months ago #9196

• BillWood
  • Junior Boarder
I'll try to post some before and after pics.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds