Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BestSharpeningStones.com

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 6 months ago #1639

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
JonSterrett wrote:
I received an email from Mike at Best Sharpening Stones apologizing for the poor customer service, and offering to make it right. I've sent him my response, so hopefully he'll follow through. I'll definitely keep you guys posted either way.

I am glad that you got some response. I have still not got any reply to my multiple attempts at sending email and requesting contact through his answering service. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by PhilipPasteur.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 6 months ago #1641

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
PhilipPasteur wrote:
JonSterrett wrote:
I received an email from Mike at Best Sharpening Stones apologizing for the poor customer service, and offering to make it right. I've sent him my response, so hopefully he'll follow through. I'll definitely keep you guys posted either way.

I am glad that you got some response. I have still not got any reply to my multiple attempts at sending email and requesting contact through his answering service. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Phil

I wrote Mike one last time Since Jon had got some info. About half an hour later I got a reply. As in Jon's case he offered something to make up for it. I just wanted folks to know that I have, at least, gotten a reply from Mike. Fair is fair...

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
I miss you Buddy!

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 6 months ago #1697

After responding to Mike's offer, I hadn't heard anything from him, so I sent him a message yesterday asking when I should expect my items to arrive. Much to my surprise (ha), I have yet to hear back from him. I'll give it another 24 hours before I consider myself robbed.

Has anyone received their items, or had any other contact with him?

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 6 months ago #1698

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
I was just getting ready to send him a note asking what happened to his promised new regime of excellent customer service.

No, I have not heard anything since getting the same email that you got, and probably the same offerof compensation to make things right.

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
I miss you Buddy!

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 6 months ago #1746

I wanted to wait until all was said and done to post this, which it is now, so here's where we stand:

After a few days of not hearing back from him regarding the status of my "compensation pack", I received an email stating that my base and compensation items had been shipped, with a tracking number, and that my payment had been refunded in full.

Today I did receive the package, and the payment was refunded.

All is good for me. Anyone else have any updates?

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 6 months ago #1747

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
I got the "compensation" and a refund on the two sets of paddles that I was waiting to get. I was told that when they were available I could purchase them for 10% off and get free shipping.

I have to say that Mike is going out of his way to make things right. I appreciate it greatly.

What I am not real thrilled about is that it took so long and things got as bad as they did. Again, it is all about communication. Had we heard something back in a timely fashion... Oh well.

Hopefully he just had something distract him... and this was just an anomaly !

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
I miss you Buddy!

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 5 months ago #2140

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
In my last post I was hoping that Michael was just distracted for a short time. I guess that this was not the case. Part of the deal he offerd me was to sell me the 800/1000 paddles with free shipping. I have been writing him, about 4 times in the last three weeks, to place my order. He shows this item as being in stock on his web page. Well I have got no reply. I am not sure how he can run an online store and not anwer email. I also sent him a message through his ebay store. No answer to that either.

I wanted to buy several things from Michael, but at this point I guess I just will have to go elsewhere.

I ran an online search and noticed that the BBB for his area had 6 unresolved non-delivery complaint in the last few months.

I am posting this just as sort of a public service. Perhaps this guy should be avoided when doing business online. As they say, buyer beware.

Phil Pasteur
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
I miss you Buddy!

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 5 months ago #2141

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 644
PhilipPasteur wrote:
In my last post I was hoping that Michael was just distracted for a short time. I guess that this was not the case. Part of the deal he offerd me was to sell me the 800/1000 paddles with free shipping. I have been writing him, about 4 times in the last three weeks, to place my order. He shows this item as being in stock on his web page. Well I have got no reply. I am not sure how he can run an online store and not anwer email. I also sent him a message through his ebay store. No answer to that either.

I wanted to buy several things from Michael, but at this point I guess I just will have to go elsewhere.

I ran an online search and noticed that the BBB for his area had 6 unresolved non-delivery complaint in the last few months.

I am posting this just as sort of a public service. Perhaps this guy should be avoided when doing business online. As they say, buyer beware.

Phil Pasteur

Hey guys, I can't speak to the past issues, but I do know that Mike has been out of touch right now as they try to get his brother moved to a better facility, closer to Mike. His brother is suffering from liver cancer and Mike and his wife are putting everything they have into taking care of him. His brother lives in rural NJ and they're working to get him moved closer to NY. I'm pretty sure that this explains what's going on with his delays right now.
--Clay Allison

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 5 months ago #2142

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
Clay,
Thanks for the info.

I kind of feel like a jerk now.

I have been in a similar situation to that Michael is dealing with. My mother died in my arms due to bladder cancer. So I do get it.

One problem though, and I hope it will not be percieved as hitting a man while he is down, that is not my intent at all. I found several threads in other forums where people were complaining about no communications and waiting months for delivery, or having to demand a refund with help form their credit card company. This goes back over a couple of years. The BBB compalints also go back a long way.
Granted, it doesn't look like anyone was ripped off. I t just often took way too much time to get there.

I wish Michael all of the best in dealing with the illness in his family, I really do. If we are all lucky we will never have to deal with cancer in a close relative. It is pure hell, again, from one with direct experience.

I am still concerned though. The current situation does not explain all of the historic problems.

Clay, again, thanks for the heads up.

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
I miss you Buddy!

Re: BestSharpeningStones.com 2 years 5 months ago #2147

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 644
PhilipPasteur wrote:
Clay,
Thanks for the info.

I kind of feel like a jerk now.

I have been in a similar situation to that Michael is dealing with. My mother died in my arms due to bladder cancer. So I do get it.

One problem though, and I hope it will not be percieved as hitting a man while he is down, that is not my intent at all. I found several threads in other forums where people were complaining about no communications and waiting months for delivery, or having to demand a refund with help form their credit card company. This goes back over a couple of years. The BBB compalints also go back a long way.
Granted, it doesn't look like anyone was ripped off. I t just often took way too much time to get there.

I wish Michael all of the best in dealing with the illness in his family, I really do. If we are all lucky we will never have to deal with cancer in a close relative. It is pure hell, again, from one with direct experience.

I am still concerned though. The current situation does not explain all of the historic problems.

Clay, again, thanks for the heads up.

Phil

Phil,
No need to feel like a jerk and you're right to be concerned. You're also right that the current situation doesn't explain past issues. At least we do know what's going on now... I'll follow up with Michael on Monday and find out what's going on with his orders.
--Clay Allison
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds