Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How many knives on the WEPS? =)

How many knives on the WEPS? =) 5 months 1 week ago #17326

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 148
razoredgeknives wrote:
thanks for that Clay! That is sweet!!! I haven't found a need to replace my 100/200's yet, but I don't sharpen near as many as tuffy... and when I reprofile I let my belt sander do the rough work. What solution do you have in mind (if you don't mind sharing)? i'm very curious now =)

Tuffy, Google docs spreadsheet is just like Excel as far as formulas go... just make 2 additional columns at the end of your sheet there (on your main sheet) and add totals with formulas to calculate them for you. I will help you out if you need it just advise.
ok josh, i will check it out - thanks.

i use both at the fairs..........smart phone and ipad or ipad mini depending on WiFi availability. my ipad is generation 1 and works only on WiFi.but must have killer antenna, mush stronger than damn mini job.
<"))))><(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How many knives on the WEPS? =) 5 months 1 week ago #17327

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 687
razoredgeknives wrote:
thanks for that Clay! That is sweet!!! I haven't found a need to replace my 100/200's yet, but I don't sharpen near as many as tuffy... and when I reprofile I let my belt sander do the rough work. What solution do you have in mind (if you don't mind sharing)? i'm very curious now =)

I've been testing some diamond stones that are diamond through and through, not just plated with 1+ layer of diamonds. They're basically impossible to wear out. So far, I'm really liking them. They are expensive though.
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanMaloon

How many knives on the WEPS? =) 5 months 1 week ago #17328

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 125
You have my attention

Re:Re: How many knives on the WEPS? =) 5 months 1 week ago #17329

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 419
wickededge wrote:
razoredgeknives wrote:

I've been testing some diamond stones that are diamond through and through, not just plated with 1+ layer of diamonds. They're basically impossible to wear out. So far, I'm really liking them. They are expensive though.

Oh wow! I'm interested too! But I bet they are expensive! How cool is that... I love the innovation!

How many knives on the WEPS? =) 5 months 1 week ago #17332

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 456
wickededge wrote:
2) We're still working on the new knife database that allows you to track customers and sharpening jobs really easily, including snapping before and after photos w/ your smart phone and putting it all into a nice little app.

Wow Clay, that looks great! I was thinking about making an Android app that does something similar: making it really easy to take pictures of knives, add extra info, and upload them to a website.

But that's quite a job, at least for me. A long time ago I could program in Pascal. I'm now learning myself Java. But this is really a hobby project and in all fairness, I don't know whether I'll get to making a serious app. So if somebody is doing this for you...

If they need someone to think with them, I'll be happy to do that. I think ease of use is key to the success of an app like this.

How many knives on the WEPS? =) 5 months 1 week ago #17333

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 456
wickededge wrote:
1) How often are people wearing out 50/80 and 100/200 stones? If a lot of people are replacing them, I have a great solution possible.

It's really a rough estimate, but I think I did about 400 knives with my 100/200 stones.

I only use the 50/80 stones for major reprofiling work, that's not very often. They are still going strong.

Wow! Really interested! Yeah, I bet they are expensive, but they could still be cost effective for heavy users.

I'm also still interested in the 3 micron diamond stones. Any news on them?
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by mark76.

How many knives on the WEPS? =) 2 months 1 week ago #18398

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 419
Just wanted to give this a bump for some of the new guys... also if you other guys want to chime in please update how many knives you have done!

There is a thread on BF talking about longevity of diamond stones on the EP/WEPS so I though it would be a good idea to keep a running total.

so far this year I have sharpened 126. That makes around 232 knives total for me so far on the stones... My 400/600's get used the most, I don't always go down to the 100/200's.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by razoredgeknives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GibCurry
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds