Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Colt Skinner

Re: Colt Skinner 1 year 4 weeks ago #12256

• NeverGiveUp
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
WoW! You guys found more than I did! Thank you for your help. LeoBarr, that is the exact knife. I have been working with this now for about a week. It is considerably sharper but it has taken a long time an some frustration. Once I get the edge the way I want it, (I am taking it down to 20º from 25º) it will be cool to see how well it does this season. Thanks again for everyones help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Colt Skinner 1 year 4 weeks ago #12257

• NeverGiveUp
  • Fresh Boarder
Stones are not glued down. The are pressed into the indentation that I routed onto the board. I made that to store my stones in. I remove them and hand hold them. Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbwx34

Re: Colt Skinner 1 year 4 weeks ago #12258

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
In my mind considering the steel is not outstanding & the applications I can imagine you will use it for plus the difficulty sharpening it I would recommend a spilt say 23Ëš each side - two advantages of a steeper angle less metal to remove and its the sort of angle I would use for a boning knife and general knives that I intend to abuse. The sources I used were( www2.knifecenter.com and zknives.com/knives/articles/knifesteelfaq.shtml) to gather information about your knife.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by LeoBarr. Reason: grammer
The following user(s) said Thank You: NeverGiveUp

Re: Colt Skinner 1 year 4 weeks ago #12259

• NeverGiveUp
  • Fresh Boarder
LeoBarr wrote:
In my mind considering the steel is not outstanding & the applications I can imagine you will use it for plus the difficulty sharpening it I would recommend a spilt say 23Ëš each side - two advantages of a steeper angle less metal to remove and its the sort of angle I would use for a boning knife and general knives that I intend to abuse. The sources I used were( www2.knifecenter.com and zknives.com/knives/articles/knifesteelfaq.shtml) to gather information about your knife.

I will give that a shot. I hate owning a dull knife! Hate is a strong word, but I got cut by a dull knife once and it took forever to heal and left a nasty scar... thanks so much for answering my question. I remember how hard it use to be to get information, but with forums like this it sure makes things easier, thanks to all of you who take the time to help. Peace.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds