Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 7 months ago #9883

  • wickededge
  • wickededge's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1855
  • Thank you received: 687
  • Karma: 92
MichaelBonomo wrote:
At least some of you guys got an order placed. I tried 3 times to order a Pro Pack II upgrade and it keeps kicking me back saying choose another shipping method. I chose EVERY shipping method available and NONE of them worked.

Michael,

I'm sorry about the issue you're running into. If you'd like to call in, we'll take your order and get you in the cue. Here is our toll free number: 877-616-9911. I'll pass this along to our webmaster to have him investigate.

--Clay
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 7 months ago #9884

  • MichaelBonomo
  • MichaelBonomo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 7
  • Karma: 4
wickededge wrote:
MichaelBonomo wrote:
At least some of you guys got an order placed. I tried 3 times to order a Pro Pack II upgrade and it keeps kicking me back saying choose another shipping method. I chose EVERY shipping method available and NONE of them worked.

Michael,

I'm sorry about the issue you're running into. If you'd like to call in, we'll take your order and get you in the cue. Here is our toll free number: 877-616-9911. I'll pass this along to our webmaster to have him investigate.

--Clay

Hi Clay,
I received your e-mail and just responded to it. Thank you for the rapid response. That's some EXCELLENT customer service!!!

Mike
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 7 months ago #9886

  • wickededge
  • wickededge's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1855
  • Thank you received: 687
  • Karma: 92
MichaelBonomo wrote:

Hi Clay,
I received your e-mail and just responded to it. Thank you for the rapid response. That's some EXCELLENT customer service!!!

Mike

Got it! You're on the list.
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 7 months ago #9887

  • WayneAnderson
  • WayneAnderson's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 6
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
nicholas6225 wrote:
WayneAnderson wrote:
I guess my biggest concern would be the billing of the credit card for the full amount, but no product is shipped. I am not a fan of this practice. If someone at WE could shed some light on this topic I would like to hear from them. Until then I will sit on the side line and wait to see how Stephens' issue is delt with.

Wayne...

I understand, but instead of waiting why not check out the place Ken Schwartz's works, they seem to have quite a bit of stuff in stock, i'm contemplating purchasing the water stones to avoid the wait but then I need to suck up the custom fees:( There are a few places that have the WEPS in stock, you just need to look around

Hi, nicholas6225
I checked out the link you provided. I ordered a WE Pro-pack 1 package with the accesorie ball joint arms (that were in stock at the time)and some additional stones and the angle cube. I should be receiving everything early next week. Thanks again for the help.

Wayne...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 7 months ago #9888

  • FedWayJohn
  • FedWayJohn's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Junior Boarder
  • Posts: 30
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 1
I ordered my WE on Jan 17 and was billed for the full amount on 1/18. I just received the device on Thursday. When I ordered the website was showing a 3 week back order. What happened in between was a few email exchanges and the order being pushed back a couple of times. I do not like the policy of billing right away either; they should bill upon shipping, imo. But WE did say I could arrange that method if I placed my order over the phone.

Truth be told, it didn't bug me that much. I knew it was going to be a while so I was prepared for that. My take is that this is a pretty small company, so expecting the speed and efficiency of a bigger company is probably unreasonable, especially wit demand increasing for the product.

Nobody likes to wait, but adjusting one's expectations is the best policy here. My emails were answered and overall I have no complaints. Now I just have to learn how to use it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 6 months ago #10037

  • MichaelBonomo
  • MichaelBonomo's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 7
  • Karma: 4
I am going nuts waiting for the shipment of my Pro Pack II upgrade. I have a bunch of knives, both new and old, that need sharpening, but I want to wait for the PPII before getting started. I do have a new, "modded" version of the original WE that I bought on E-Bay. It has the washers already installed in the arms to tighten them up. But I still want to wait for the PPII upgrade arms to use them. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 6 months ago #10041

  • cbwx34
  • cbwx34's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1260
  • Thank you received: 413
  • Karma: 92
You might do some knives to get your stones broken in while you're waiting (if they're not already)....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 6 months ago #10044

  • jasonls63
  • jasonls63's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 9
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Sounds like they are catching up a bit on orders. Kyle is saying my PP2 should ship early next week. I can't wait. Since I don't have my WE yet, my wife thinks I have time to paint the living room this weekend.:sick:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 6 months ago #10049

  • WayneAnderson
  • WayneAnderson's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 6
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
WayneAnderson wrote:
nicholas6225 wrote:
WayneAnderson wrote:
I guess my biggest concern would be the billing of the credit card for the full amount, but no product is shipped. I am not a fan of this practice. If someone at WE could shed some light on this topic I would like to hear from them. Until then I will sit on the side line and wait to see how Stephens' issue is delt with.

Wayne...

I understand, but instead of waiting why not check out the place Ken Schwartz's works, they seem to have quite a bit of stuff in stock, i'm contemplating purchasing the water stones to avoid the wait but then I need to suck up the custom fees:( There are a few places that have the WEPS in stock, you just need to look around

Hi, nicholas6225
I checked out the link you provided. I ordered a WE Pro-pack 1 package with the accesorie ball joint arms (that were in stock at the time)and some additional stones and the angle cube. I should be receiving everything early next week. Thanks again for the help.

Wayne...

I received my WE sharpening system from Oldawan Tools on 3/20/13. It showed up in three or four days from the time I placed my order, with everything I wanted in the box of goods. Bob was very helpfull with my purchase questions and followed up with an email. I installed the new ball joint arms right away. These work very well. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting. Thanks again nicholas6225 for your help. This was a very pleasant business transaction!

Wayne...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicholas6225

Re: Ordered Pro-Pack 1 and still waiting. 1 year 6 months ago #10051

  • texsniper
  • texsniper's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 4
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Karma: 0
Just ordered my WE Pro Pack I from Oldawan and canceled my order I had with another Vendor. It's been 2 weeks already since I placed my order with Vendor X and according to them it will be another 2-3 weeks before my order ships, unacceptable.

When I placed my order there was no indication what so ever that this was going to be the case so be careful when placing an order with the vendor of your choice make sure they have it in stock or it could be a long wait time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds