Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Backlog uodate

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #889

• Dmlevitt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I couldn't wait any longer. I really wanted the WEPS directly from Wicked Edge but I canceled my order but only after ordering the WEPS from one of their distributors Kay had referred me to. The distributor was great [www.Oldawan.com], although he couldn't meet the sale price I got in August (AUGUST!!), he did lower his advertised price. LOL, so I'll get in 4 days via FedEx. I actually toyed with the idea of a next day delivery for almost $100! Dang, I could have done this weeks ago.

I am having Thanksgiving with some friends, the husband learned to cook while deployed in France and Italy when he wasn't flying, who has a set of French kitchen knives that seem to be made of very, very hard stainless (trying to use the Spyderco crock sticks were an exercise in futility -- didnt move any metal), and will bring the WEPS (and bandaids) to get an edge on his knives. Right now, the spines and the edges are nearly indistinguishable. I just could't bear watching him carve up what should be an excellent turkey (being raised on his farm with some ducks and chickens) subjected to essentially a pry-bar of a knife!

Ahh, will start learning on some of my less expensive knives. As I learn, will go up in quality as far as the knives go. Time to review some of the excellent Youtubes out there. I plan to post some microphotos on the forum in a week or two.

Some one moves up in line, Kay doesn't doesn't have to read my whiney emails, and I get my WEPS in about about 96 hours. Everyone wins.

Time to buy bandaids, lots of bandaids!!
"In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible." Orwell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #890

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 646
Good luck and happy Thanksgiving to you! I'm sorry we couldn't get it to you sooner but I'm very glad that Bob had some and could take care of you. Please let me know personally if there is anything we can do for you. Also, your stones will take some time break-in and your edges will improve a lot the more the stones break in. There is some great information on the FAQ page under Resources and more great info in the Instructions section under Resources. If you come across any super challenging knives, please let me know and I'll share whatever I know about any particular blade design or steel.
-Clay

Dmlevitt wrote:
I couldn't wait any longer. I really wanted the WEPS directly from Wicked Edge but I canceled my order but only after ordering the WEPS from one of their distributors Kay had referred me to. The distributor was great [www.Oldawan.com], although he couldn't meet the sale price I got in August (AUGUST!!), he did lower his advertised price. LOL, so I'll get in 4 days via FedEx. I actually toyed with the idea of a next day delivery for almost $100! Dang, I could have done this weeks ago.

I am having Thanksgiving with some friends, the husband learned to cook while deployed in France and Italy when he wasn't flying, who has a set of French kitchen knives that seem to be made of very, very hard stainless (trying to use the Spyderco crock sticks were an exercise in futility -- didnt move any metal), and will bring the WEPS (and bandaids) to get an edge on his knives. Right now, the spines and the edges are nearly indistinguishable. I just could't bear watching him carve up what should be an excellent turkey (being raised on his farm with some ducks and chickens) subjected to essentially a pry-bar of a knife!

Ahh, will start learning on some of my less expensive knives. As I learn, will go up in quality as far as the knives go. Time to review some of the excellent Youtubes out there. I plan to post some microphotos on the forum in a week or two.

Some one moves up in line, Kay doesn't doesn't have to read my whiney emails, and I get my WEPS in about about 96 hours. Everyone wins.

Time to buy bandaids, lots of bandaids!!
--Clay Allison

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #891

• DonLlewellyn
  • Senior Boarder
  • Love my Wicked Edge!
  • Thank you received: 4
I did the same as dmlevitt - seems I was facing a 15 week wait so I also went to Oldawan and should get my WE on Friday. I couldn't get everything I wanted as I didn't get the 20% off WE offers but I just couldn't wait that long. Will post on Friday when I get the goods!

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #896

• pinkfloyd74
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
How can a reseller have the product in stock, not the Manufacturer?

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #898

• Jdee
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I went the same route this morning.
I little more money but I have some really dull
knifes right now that need help..
Everyone was real nice to deal with at Wickededge and Oldawan :)
Thanks for the heads up Jdee
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Jdee.

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #899

• Jdee
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi pinkfloyd74 I make specialty tools for Old Car restoration and have had my Re-sellers have tools when I am out/behind with tooling problems or lack of basic supplies.
I don't keep track of what they have in stock, I just know when they are out,they call me.
I think its normal in smaller business that make specialty tools.
Thanks Jdee

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #905

• atlbrv405
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm going to give Clay a chance to ship based on the date in the latest email considering it is so close to the ship date. However, should they not hit that date then I will cancel my order as well. I'm not sure if I will stick with the WE and maybe try the Apex instead.

Hopefully, everything is in order for hitting the deadline. I'm sure the WE is a good product but my patience will have run out by this time.

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #917

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 646
pinkfloyd74 wrote:
How can a reseller have the product in stock, not the Manufacturer?
Jdee is right. Sometimes the dealers don't sell as quickly as we do and so they have items still in stock when we sell out. Depending on their volume, they might still have units from earlier in the year.
--Clay Allison

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #925

• Dmlevitt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I opted to order from oldawan.com - very easy to work with (I asked him to confirm my order via text on my cell phone and send tracking info via email). It comes in tomorrow; coincidently, a box from gpknives should be on the back porch to keep the WEPS company while I'm at work!

Oldawan seems like a quality dealer. Honest, and there was about 12 hours from credit card charge to the first shipping confirmation.
"In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible." Orwell

Re: Backlog uodate 2 years 9 months ago #926

• atlbrv405
  • Fresh Boarder
I have not received an updated email with a different date so I'm expecting to have my WE ship tomorrow per the latest email. I hope that I that will not be disappointed again... Most of my knives are in need of a good sharpening.

Good luck to everyone who has been waiting so long and may you receive your shipping confirmation tomorrow!
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds