Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination?

Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 10 months ago #6052

• AlekseiDyachkov
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I've read the forum & the manual and it's highly suggested that strops should be kept separately etc to prevent cross-contamination.
I think it could be a good idea to make additional cover made form plastic.
I've attached a sketch render to show the concept.
It just covers one side & snaps on the edges. Color-coded to prevent using it on wrong side. The hole on the side can be used to tie two pieces together & enables to store strops/stones by hanging 'em on a hook or something.
Attachments:
May the honorable owners of the knives have the prosperous and healthy lives filled with everlasting happiness.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, leomitch

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 10 months ago #6055

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 638
AlekseiDyachkov wrote:
I've read the forum & the manual and it's highly suggested that strops should be kept separately etc to prevent cross-contamination.
It just covers one side & snaps on the edges. Color-coded to prevent using it on wrong side. The hole on the side can be used to tie two pieces together & enables to store strops/stones by hanging 'em on a hook or something.

Nice idea, beautiful rendering! Thank you for sharing it. Did you make your sketch to the specs of the handles and strops?
--Clay Allison

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 10 months ago #6056

• AlekseiDyachkov
  • Fresh Boarder
wickededge wrote:
Nice idea, beautiful rendering! Thank you for sharing it. Did you make your sketch to the specs of the handles and strops?

Thank You.

I didn't use specs, It's just a 10 minute sketch =).

I can measure sizes & make it "fit" , but the model itself will be of no use, because it's not made in CAD, just ordinary 3D software. It has option to export to DXF file to use with AutoCAD or other CAD application, but i'm not quite sure if it'll work fine,
May the honorable owners of the knives have the prosperous and healthy lives filled with everlasting happiness.

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 10 months ago #6062

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 154
I really like this. It solves the problem of cross contamination, but it would also work for all stones. I made of soft rubber material it would protect stones from shock and chipping.

Further more, you could leave 1 side on and have a clean, grippy surface to hold.

Nice work.

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 10 months ago #6080

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 638
Will you send me the DXF file? If so, I'll see what I can do with it.
AlekseiDyachkov wrote:
wickededge wrote:

Thank You.

I didn't use specs, It's just a 10 minute sketch =).

I can measure sizes & make it "fit" , but the model itself will be of no use, because it's not made in CAD, just ordinary 3D software. It has option to export to DXF file to use with AutoCAD or other CAD application, but i'm not quite sure if it'll work fine,
--Clay Allison

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 10 months ago #6095

• DAUG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Yea, more accessories to spend my money on!

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 10 months ago #6096

• DAUG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
AlekseiDyachkov wrote:

Great idea, Aleksei.....and excellent renderings too!

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 9 months ago #6251

• AlekseiDyachkov
  • Fresh Boarder
wickededge wrote:
Will you send me the DXF file? If so, I'll see what I can do with it.

Done.
Sorry for delay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 9 months ago #6252

• AlekseiDyachkov
  • Fresh Boarder
DAUG wrote:
Great idea, Aleksei.....and excellent renderings too!

Thanks.
DAUG wrote:
Yea, more accessories to spend my money on!

If mass-produced, they should be cheap as dirt -- the mould is expensive, the plastic isn't.

Re: Accessory for avoiding strops cross-contamination? 1 year 3 months ago #10822

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 112
Wondering if there are any updates re plastic strop covers?
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds