Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional forum header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My WEPS Observations!

Re: My WEPS Observations! 2 years 1 month ago #5187

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
Good post Jerrie. I always like to see the word "consistency". :)
(But your entire post has a lot of good points!)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My WEPS Observations! 2 years 1 month ago #5201

• Billabong
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 49
JerrieBarber wrote:
What WEPS brings to the table is a modicum of consistency and the ability to duplicate a procedure with some pretty good tools. Could the mount be a little bit better? Sure. Could the arms be made a little more accurate? Sure. Could there be improvements made here and there? Of course. As Phil said there is a point that you have to say, "that is pretty good" and let it go.

Perhaps you guys are right, the thing's I mentioned are not important or Clay has accepted as "near enough" for the task intended.
Just my thoughts, I guess economics play a bigger part in the final product.
I can see room for improvement in almost everything in life, if it's within my capabilities, I will attempt it.

I might slide back into an observing role again, for now. ;)
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Billabong.

Re: My WEPS Observations! 2 years 1 month ago #5203

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
Billabong wrote:
Perhaps you guys are right, the thing's I mentioned are not important or Clay has accepted as "near enough" for the task intended.
I can see room for improvement in almost everything in life, if it's within my capabilities, I will attempt it.

No reason to do that! Like I said, and it's been shown before, points are always considered, and even if they can't be implemented, doesn't mean they're not useful. Some of the upgrades were based on users' feedback.

People will by a 50K car, and find ways to mod it. :blink:
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by cbwx34.

Re: My WEPS Observations! 2 years 1 month ago #5204

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
Billabong wrote:

Billabong,
I think we were doing a point, counter point discussion here. You are entittled to you thouhgts on the subject, just as I am. Clay looks at what is being said here and works to make things better. The new arms and riser are just one example of that. So, though I think I understand how the system got where is is, that does not mean that some things about it can't be improved. I just have been on the other side of things and been involved in decisions on getting a product to market at a price point, that were clearly compromises.

There is no reason to stop expressing your views, but in a helathy environment of discussion, you have to expect that there will be those that don't fully agree.

CBW mantioned modding $50K cars. People buy $500 K cars (racing Porches for one) and strip them down to the chassis and rebuild them, specifically because they think they can make them better... and judging by the results, they do make them better.

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!

Re: My WEPS Observations! 2 years 1 month ago #5237

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 691
Thanks guys for the lively discussion! In addition to cost, there is another set of constraints in implementing changes, and that is the length of the production pipeline and the economies of scale involved. Right now we're sitting on lots of Free Vise Jaws which means that adding the new catch plate will have to wait until we're ready to place a new order, same thing with the pivots. In the next production run, I'll implement the screws and catch plate but it will be at least 6 months before those actually start showing up on units getting shipped out. The order we're currently shipping from was initiated more than a year ago. We can do some custom stuff, but it's all highly labor intensive and slow so we can't mod all the units before they ship out and as CBW pointed out, the vast majority of customers get results that are well beyond just satisfactory without any mods. It's the rest of us that are constantly pushing for better that start to pick up on all the little details that can be improved :) Thankfully, there are so many great members of this community that give their feedback and are helping to create the always new, next generation versions. Billabong, please don't ever stop supplying your great ideas!
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: Billabong

Re: My WEPS Observations! 2 years 1 month ago #5243

• Billabong
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 49
wickededge wrote:
Billabong, please don't ever stop supplying your great ideas!

You understand where I am coming from.

I wish and hope for nothing but great things for you and the development of WEPS into the future.
It is an exceptional product with exceptional support.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Billabong.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds