Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FNG introduction - STONE UPDATE

FNG introduction - STONE UPDATE 4 months 4 weeks ago #16903

• Shotty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
UPDATE - Got the new stones today...Hassle Free! Kyle and the fellas at WEPS hooked me up. they look perfect. THANK!

after lusting for some time about WEPS i decided to bite the bullet and get one. finally arrived and started to go to work. already wanted to upgrade to the pro arms with the rod ends as i see the major need for these and the adjustability the provide. getting used to the setup and action required to achieve the results I'm looking for. i have unfortunately run out of knives and am looking towards my friends for dulls i can play with

one problem i have run into already of which I'm certainly displeased with. about 6 knives in my 1600 stone came off the platen. appears the hot glue didn't like the stone all that much. i took notice to my other 1200/1600 stone and the 1600 is becoming "soft" in the platen as well.

granted I wasn't too happy after spending the considerable amount of coin on this system. any ideas where to go to have this problem fixed? was / is this a common issue and something i need to be concerned about with WEPS stones?

another issue with the same stones, the 1600 stones themselves seem "streaky" and inherently not flat. after a number if knives all i have is some dark think black lines on the stone letting me to believe their are inconsistent ridges and not allowing a full flat contact on the blade itself.

other than that I'm pretty stoked with the kit and I'm sure ill be burning many hours playing with it

any help i would appreciate guy. thanks!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Shotty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FNG introduction 4 months 4 weeks ago #16904

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Shotty,
I would imagine Clay will see your post and respond soon! If he happens to be gone for the weekend? On Monday call 877-616-9911 and they will take care of you right away. I have never not seen WE make it right!
Can you post a pic of the streaking on the stone? Mine get black streaks running down them too. Is it possible you are not holding them flat against the edge? You know what they say a pic is worth a 1,000 words.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

FNG introduction 4 months 4 weeks ago #16905

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Welcome aboard Shotty! B)

+1 on what Eamon said. Call Wicked Edge first thing on Monday, and I'm sure you will be extremely impressed with how they handle your loose stone issue.
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com

FNG introduction 4 months 3 weeks ago #16920

• Shotty
  • Fresh Boarder
here are some pictures for you guys

if there is another portion of the forum these should posted with an appropriate topic let me know. i looked around and didn't see a sub section that was for issues, broken stuff etc etc

as you can see on the stone itself, the high ridges where the black lines are would lead me to believe that those are the high points and the majority of the contact points on the stones. both are doing it and are the only stones (ceramics) that i have that are doing it. I will also add when running these on the blade they feel gritty and bumpy as i can feel certain points of the ceramics catch harder on the blade than other areas on the specific stone.

thanks guys!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Shotty.

FNG introduction 4 months 3 weeks ago #16922

• Quoddy99
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
I have some minor streaking on my 1200/1600 ceramics, but not to the extent of yours.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Quoddy99.

FNG introduction 4 months 3 weeks ago #16926

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Yeah you definetly have problem stones! See how good I'm getting? I can just pick right up on a broken stone! :huh: haha!
Seriously though call Kyle Monday morning they will get you sorted out ASAP!!! :woohoo:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

FNG introduction 4 months 3 weeks ago #16927

• Shotty
  • Fresh Boarder
ill be calling first thing monday for sure. thanks for the input fellas!

FNG introduction 4 months 3 weeks ago #16929

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 388
Hi Shotty, welcome to the forum!

The black lines on the stones are pretty normal - they are sharpening residu and I have them on my ceramic stones as well.

But the broken stone and the one that fell off are clearly not normal. As others have remarked: give WE a call and I'm sure they'll fix the problem.

Enjoy your WEPS!
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by mark76.

FNG introduction 4 months 3 weeks ago #16930

• DanMaloon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 62
These are my second set. Used completely dry every time. I use the super eraser to clean them. My first pair I thought I done something wrong but now after my second I think it may just be the ceramics. What are the chances of getting two sets that did this? I will say WE has excellent customer service and will handle any problem you might have

Attachment CAM00264-1.jpg not found

FNG introduction 4 months 3 weeks ago #16932

• Shotty
  • Fresh Boarder
DanMaloon wrote:
These are my second set. Used completely dry every time. I use the super eraser to clean them. My first pair I thought I done something wrong but now after my second I think it may just be the ceramics. What are the chances of getting two sets that did this? I will say WE has excellent customer service and will handle any problem you might have

Attachment CAM00264-1.jpg not found

it appears your ceramics are contacting your blades throughout the entire surface area, the lack of streaks makes me think this..

i notice your corners are cracked as well.. must be a common issue .. luckily the corners see little use, at least in my limited experience
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds