Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for a new Kershaw

Re: Looking for a new Kershaw 1 year 6 months ago #9597

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 399
:P

I know what I want now: a Kershaw Leek with a G10 handle. Now I've just got to find a European store that sells it or a US store that ships to Europe. (Which is not that easy. For example, BladeHQ and Amazon don't ship knives to Europe, even when they're perfectly legal.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Looking for a new Kershaw 1 year 6 months ago #9631

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
I know you want a Kershaw... but saw this in the store the other day...

470-1.jpg

It's a Benchmade Emissary 470-1. I only handled it for a couple minutes, but seemed like a decent knife, although I would consider it a "light duty" knife, but similar in size/profile to a Leek. (I do think the Leek is more durable).

S30V / Assisted Opening / 3 in. blade. And I could close it one handed (I know you mentioned this before, but it's small enough it's easy to manipulate).

If you're feeling rich, spring for the 'Gold Class" version...

470-131.jpg

(Just wanted an excuse to post the pic.)

Re: Looking for a new Kershaw 1 year 6 months ago #9640

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 399
It's a great and particularly usable knife. A real pity I'm on a "knife diet" right now...

Re: Looking for a new Kershaw 1 year 3 months ago #11735

• DARRELLALLEN
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 35
Mark, don't know if you found the knife you were looking for or not, but wanted to tell you of another great knife.........my EDC is a Kershaw Echelon, and I have been very pleased with it. I have been carrying it daily for over a year now with no issues.

It has the speed safe assisted opening, very thin and lightweight with green translucent G10 handles, has a nice belly to the blade, with a very stout / strong spine, no flipper, but does have a thumbstud , closes easily with one hand, with a 3" blade, with multi-position pocket clip.........clip is a little smaller than I like, but usable.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds