Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 2 years 1 month ago #4816

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 649
Brian - How long have you had your sharpener and which stones do you have?
BrianLedford wrote:
I have a 0560 and can`t get it sharp on my wicked edge to save my life.
I see videos on youtube of people poping hair on there edge but the only way i can get my knives to that point is hand sharpening. What am i doing wrong ?
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 2 years 1 month ago #4819

• BrianLedford
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It`s the pro pack and I have had it for a couple weeks. I bought a angle cube and im setting the angles with it and I have noticed that the angle changes as I lift the stones while resting on the edge of the knife. I think it from the movement or play in the arms. I sent a email today about some of the new arms.

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 2 years 1 month ago #4830

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
razoredgeknives wrote:
oh, btw, here is a 0350 I sharpened...
Awesomeness defined!! :woohoo:

Nice work, razoredgeknives!!!!
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by cbwx34.

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 2 years 1 month ago #4880

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 392
wbeatty wrote:
beautiful, What stroping did you take it to (grit) and for how long?

man, it's been a couple of months since I sharpened that... so I can't tell you exactly. I know I went from my 1k diamonds, to the 1200/1600 ceramics (curved I believe? not sure), to the 5k/10k choseras, and finished on somewhere around a 1um loaded strop. I put a 1k/14um stropped microbevel on this edge at 21*/side

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 2 years 1 week ago #5353

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 649
I've had my 0560 for a while now and I've been loving it. It's been my EDC both around town and in the mountains. It's strong, smooth and it takes and holds a great edge. So far, I've used the Pro-Pack II and the Angle Cube to set the angle precisely at 19 degrees and finished it with Micro-Fine ceramics. The edge is extremely aggressive and has held up remarkably for over a month without a touch up. I did pick up one little chip in the belly of the blade, near the tip, not sure what I did to cause it, maybe a big metal staple on a box I was opening. I'd recommend this knife to anyone. I'll post more if/when I tinker with other geometries and finishes.
--Clay Allison

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 2 years 1 week ago #5356

• Scott Sherman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Razoredgeknives,
That is a gorgeous edge and on a recurve no less. I have that exact knife but still have not received my WE system yet, but that is exactly the reason I bought the WE and upgraded to the pro 2. So, since I don't yet have the sharpener, I must speculate. Did you have to do anything different than on non recurves blades to get that beautiful, even finish? Clay has said that he would do a video on a ZT 300 or 350 but I know he is too busy right now. I would love to see a video of a 350 being sharpened on a WE.

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 2 years 1 week ago #5358

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
ScottSherman wrote:
Razoredgeknives,
That is a gorgeous edge and on a recurve no less. I have that exact knife but still have not received my WE system yet, but that is exactly the reason I bought the WE and upgraded to the pro 2. So, since I don't yet have the sharpener, I must speculate. Did you have to do anything different than on non recurves blades to get that beautiful, even finish? Clay has said that he would do a video on a ZT 300 or 350 but I know he is too busy right now. I would love to see a video of a 350 being sharpened on a WE.

Thanks Scott! I appreciate the kind words :D Makes you want your WEPS NOW doesn't it? lol. I hated the anticipation!

Nah, I didn't really have to do anything different... you can use the stock diamond plate/stones that come w/ the system up through 1k. Where you may run into an issue is the steps between the 1k diamond and your 5um strop (you definitely need a go between from my experience - the scratches left by the diamonds are just too deep to remove w/ a strop in my opinion). I used the curved ceramics (which I don't have anymore) but you could probably get away w/ taping some wet/dry sandpaper to your strops for that step. I just used one edge of the stones, essentially, in the curved area... even w/ my chosera's. It worked great.

I would definitely recommend you watch this vid before sharpening one of your high end knives like the 0560 or the 0350... not to derail the thread or anything. I think everyone should watch this. In fact, I think i'll post a thread about it =)
Last Edit: 2 years 1 week ago by razoredgeknives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 7 months ago #9091

• FredHermann
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does the opening mechanism feel compared to Kershaw?
“On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jack*ss of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.”

Owen Pitt – Monster Hunter International

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 7 months ago #9092

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
In my experience (between the 0350 and Kershaw blur) it feels very similar if not the same.... It's very solid and smooth. And actually, both Kershaw and Zero tolerance are owned by the same company - Kai USA LTD.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds