TOPIC: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 10 months ago #4830

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 410
razoredgeknives wrote:
oh, btw, here is a 0350 I sharpened...
Awesomeness defined!! :woohoo:

Nice work, razoredgeknives!!!!
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by cbwx34.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 10 months ago #4880

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 269
wbeatty wrote:
beautiful, What stroping did you take it to (grit) and for how long?

man, it's been a couple of months since I sharpened that... so I can't tell you exactly. I know I went from my 1k diamonds, to the 1200/1600 ceramics (curved I believe? not sure), to the 5k/10k choseras, and finished on somewhere around a 1um loaded strop. I put a 1k/14um stropped microbevel on this edge at 21*/side

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 9 months ago #5353

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 596
I've had my 0560 for a while now and I've been loving it. It's been my EDC both around town and in the mountains. It's strong, smooth and it takes and holds a great edge. So far, I've used the Pro-Pack II and the Angle Cube to set the angle precisely at 19 degrees and finished it with Micro-Fine ceramics. The edge is extremely aggressive and has held up remarkably for over a month without a touch up. I did pick up one little chip in the belly of the blade, near the tip, not sure what I did to cause it, maybe a big metal staple on a box I was opening. I'd recommend this knife to anyone. I'll post more if/when I tinker with other geometries and finishes.
--Clay Allison

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 9 months ago #5356

• Scott Sherman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Razoredgeknives,
That is a gorgeous edge and on a recurve no less. I have that exact knife but still have not received my WE system yet, but that is exactly the reason I bought the WE and upgraded to the pro 2. So, since I don't yet have the sharpener, I must speculate. Did you have to do anything different than on non recurves blades to get that beautiful, even finish? Clay has said that he would do a video on a ZT 300 or 350 but I know he is too busy right now. I would love to see a video of a 350 being sharpened on a WE.

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 9 months ago #5358

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 269
ScottSherman wrote:
Razoredgeknives,
That is a gorgeous edge and on a recurve no less. I have that exact knife but still have not received my WE system yet, but that is exactly the reason I bought the WE and upgraded to the pro 2. So, since I don't yet have the sharpener, I must speculate. Did you have to do anything different than on non recurves blades to get that beautiful, even finish? Clay has said that he would do a video on a ZT 300 or 350 but I know he is too busy right now. I would love to see a video of a 350 being sharpened on a WE.

Thanks Scott! I appreciate the kind words :D Makes you want your WEPS NOW doesn't it? lol. I hated the anticipation!

Nah, I didn't really have to do anything different... you can use the stock diamond plate/stones that come w/ the system up through 1k. Where you may run into an issue is the steps between the 1k diamond and your 5um strop (you definitely need a go between from my experience - the scratches left by the diamonds are just too deep to remove w/ a strop in my opinion). I used the curved ceramics (which I don't have anymore) but you could probably get away w/ taping some wet/dry sandpaper to your strops for that step. I just used one edge of the stones, essentially, in the curved area... even w/ my chosera's. It worked great.

I would definitely recommend you watch this vid before sharpening one of your high end knives like the 0560 or the 0350... not to derail the thread or anything. I think everyone should watch this. In fact, I think i'll post a thread about it =)
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by razoredgeknives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: Kershaw/Zero Tolerance: 0560 1 year 5 months ago #9091

• FredHermann
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does the opening mechanism feel compared to Kershaw?
“On one otherwise normal Tuesday evening I had the chance to live the American dream. I was able to throw my incompetent jack*ss of a boss from a fourteenth-story window.”

Owen Pitt – Monster Hunter International
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds