Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Serrated Blades

Re: Serrated Blades 1 year 11 months ago #4755

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 356
thanks guys... hope it helps someone out! I didn't start off on the fiber wheel... I got the .25" paper wheels, reprofiled and gritted one, and that's what I used for a long time. The fiber wheel is a recent "upgrade" so i won't have to re-grit it every 20 knives =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Serrated Blades 1 year 11 months ago #4775

• zig
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Great post REK!

I've been using paper wheels ofr things and just about to reprofile a few 1/4's for serrated's.

Side note, I've been playing with Spiral wheels and rogue also.
Some trial and error, found I can run a blade with white rogue across a not too ruined blade, on the corner edge, and the right rogue can make a bur and get in the scallops.
Something to think about.

Bur fully develops due to the rogue. I was really surprised but know the teeth are a bit compromised.
Down side ... it makes a large polish, and if the blade is satin, like normal bread knives, you get a 2 tone. Gonna try a Sisal and see if it works to keep the polish down. Also have seen strange "flapper"?? type wheels, they may work and get in.

But it works. Got a police Spydie push cut and no real abuse to the original blade, but its a high polish blade.
I'm gonna profile my 1/4 papers for say bread knives like Henkles soon.
I have a few knives with scallops that need a rebuild.
Question is time and $ ... is it worth it? Gonna play and see.

Again great post and info.

Also, have heard a rumor, not to take away from anything WEPS, that a scissor sharpener out there can be moded to take a paper wheel and using the set arm, do the same with more precision than freehand, but do not have that piece of equip.

Live and learn and expand is the way to success.
www.zbsharpening.com
Knife Sharpening Service
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
908-635-2748
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by zig.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds