Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Hello........

Hello........ 1 year 6 months ago #9618

• ThomasPrince
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just saying hi! Ordered the PP2 in mid feb looking forward to getting it. Plan to use it almost exclusively for my food prep knives. I like a very sharp cooking knive and I use them on a daily basis. I have some Globals, some Shun as well as some older Henkel's and a new high carbon steel Sabitier. Like most of you guys I have been fascinated with sharp knives all of my life.
I have done quite a bit of woodworking with hand tools so I learned a lot about sharpening and steels. Lots left to learn. One breakthrough I had was with constant angle jigs (eg Tormek) they are great for sharpening plane blades..but too aggressive for fine knives. I looked for a similar set up for my knives and found EP and WEPS. I decided on WEPS mostly because I prefer diamond stones to the water stones for the work I have done in the past. I do prefer water stones to the oil stones and I think water stones are for the true connisure. I just like the 'get down to business' of the diamond stones.
I don't have a lot of time to spend on these boards, but I thought it a good idea to say hello in case, when I do get my WEPS, I have questions or run into trouble. Take care..
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: Hello........ 1 year 6 months ago #9620

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Welcome from anther new comer. Your going to have a blast with your new toy! I use mine everyday!
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Re: Hello........ 1 year 6 months ago #9625

• mark76
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 411
Hey Thomas, welcome! I think you're gonna like your WEPS a lot. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds