Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get?

Re: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get? 1 year 7 months ago #9610

• BUCKrub91
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Oh cool thanks.. Kinda wish I would have got those stones before the 800/1000's now... Looks like the microfine ceramics and a set of strops will be my next knife related purchases :)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by BUCKrub91.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get? 1 year 7 months ago #9611

• mark76
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 456
cbwx34 wrote:
Welcome to the forum! :)
+1
cbwx34 wrote:
If i had to pick one set of strops, it would probably be the 5/3.5 combo.
+1
KenBuzbee wrote:
cbwx34 wrote:
I personally like the Micro Fine ceramics... finish a lot of knives with those.

That would be my recommendation. As much as I love my Choseras and Superstones (and lust over Shaptons) my micro fine ceramics get used on every knife I do. Great ending place and great place to proceed on to water stones if/when the time comes.
+1

:cheer: I may sound silly, but I really think this is the best advice.
BUCKrub91 wrote:
Will the jump from 1000 grit diamond to the micro fine ceramics be ok? Or should I get the 1600 grit ceramics?
Either the micro fine ceramics or the 1200/1600 ceramics are fine. As Curtis wrote, you may be able to jump to these ceramics after the 600 grit diamond stones, but then it'll be a lot of work to remove the scratches. Not recommended.

Success!
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by mark76.

Re: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get? 1 year 7 months ago #9619

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
I'm a new WE owner and am looking for a mirror finish? (See chosera vs ceramics thread?) I called Bob at Oldawan who had my We in stock when I bought and he made me a custom set of chosera's. He thought doing a 1/2k and 2/5k should cover the field for me? I will report by Friday on my progress.
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Re: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get? 1 year 7 months ago #9621

• BUCKrub91
  • Junior Boarder
Pretty cool the guy made you custom WE stones.. Choseras are probably the best route as far as getting a mirror polish goes (having seen how well the chosera bench stones do)

Id personally prefer to keep away from them with the wicked edge system though.. To much maintenance which is the main reason I chose the WE over the Edge pro

Re: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get? 1 year 7 months ago #9644

• BUCKrub91
  • Junior Boarder
Welp my wicked edge kit is waiting at my door step for me to come home from work.. Accessory stones weren't delivered yet so ill only be able to try it up to 600 grit... Regardless I can't wait to go home and try it out.. :D

Re: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get? 1 year 7 months ago #9645

• CraigDavis
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
BUCKrub91 wrote:
Welp my wicked edge kit is waiting at my door step for me to come home from work.. Accessory stones weren't delivered yet so ill only be able to try it up to 600 grit... Regardless I can't wait to go home and try it out.. :D
That's awesome! Mine arrives tomorrow and I'm counting the minutes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AshleyBrown

Re: Ordered the wicked edge what extra stones to get? 1 year 7 months ago #9650

• BUCKrub91
  • Junior Boarder
CraigDavis wrote:
BUCKrub91 wrote:
That's awesome! Mine arrives tomorrow and I'm counting the minutes.

I can tell you right now you are going to love it! even if you only go to the 600 grit stones your knives will blow the factory edge out of the water... I got over the high cost of this system after I pulled my first knife I sharpened up on it (kershaw scallion) out of the clamp and felt the blade.. I could never get that knife sharp on a bench stone because of the recurve.. was no problem at all for the WEPS

:cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, cbwx34
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds