Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Waiting the long wait in NV

Re: Waiting the long wait in NV 2 years 11 months ago #870

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 689
Hi guys,
We're busily preparing everything we can in advance so when the sharpeners come in, all we have to do is QC and pack and ship. We're going to be bringing on extra crew to help get them back out the door as quickly as possible. To all of you that have been waiting: A big thank you for hanging in there with us while you wait. I know it's been frustrating. We've been getting a lot of emails from frustrated people and I definitely know where they're coming from. If you have questions on your order, please give Kay a call in our office for a realistic ship date.
--Clay
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Waiting the long wait in NV 2 years 11 months ago #900

• DonLlewellyn
  • Senior Boarder
  • Love my Wicked Edge!
  • Thank you received: 4
As I posted in "Backlog Update" I went ahead and cancelled my order with WE and bought from Oldawan.com -My stuff is "out for delivery" on the UPS truck! Pics later after I get it!

Re: Waiting the long wait in NV 2 years 11 months ago #906

• DonLlewellyn
  • Senior Boarder
  • Love my Wicked Edge!
I did get my package today - the Pro pack 1, some balsa strops and the 1200/1600 stones. The only problem is the base seems to have been drilled upside down as the sharpener doesn't align right and is "askew" when mounted. Oldawan is having a new base sent out tomorrow.

I have tried sharpening one knife - a crappy Old Hickory butcher knife that I could never get an edge on. I used all the stones but didn't get the edge I'd hoped for. I think I need to work harder getting the 100/200 scratches out.

EDIT: I did the same knife over again, this time following the directions on how to mount it in the sharpener. LOL It went much better this time and the knife came out much sharper. Not as sharp as I'd like but I'm still getting the "stroke" down. :)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DonLlewellyn.

Re: Waiting the long wait in NV 2 years 10 months ago #918

• wickededge
  • Administrator
That base definitely looks drilled upside down! :silly: A new one is en route. You'll need time for your stones to break in, so more time with the finest stones is important, especially while the system is new. Did you get a burr raised from each side?
--Clay Allison

Re: Waiting the long wait in NV 2 years 10 months ago #922

• DonLlewellyn
  • Senior Boarder
  • Love my Wicked Edge!
I've done about 10 knives now and can actually see the burr develop - it's neat! Have had great success on knives that weren't that dull and turned them super-sharp.

Re: Waiting the long wait in NV 2 years 10 months ago #950

• DonLlewellyn
  • Senior Boarder
  • Love my Wicked Edge!
I got my new base today! I like being "aligned" after sharpening all those knives on the "crooked" base. :)

My wait is over... 2 years 10 months ago #1059

• dgriff
  • Senior Boarder
  • My order # was 2375. Now shush, I'm sharpening!
  • Thank you received: 19
After a wait that wasn't really all that bad...well, if you don't count having to keep using a Lansky while being forced to watch others receive their WEPS and show off their shiney, sharp blades here...I can finally report that my system is on the truck for delivery today. I was worried because of all the high wind damage and temporary I-15 freeeway closure that the delivery would be delayed, but not so.
The note said the delivery was shipped complete, so I'll assume I am going to get both halves of the clamp jaws...:silly: Did I mention I was forced to use my Lansky for two extra months?

Going to hold off on extra stones untill I can prove I need them. Better stones won't make a better sharpener if the basic skill-set isn't in place. (A better gun doesn't make a better shooter if you don't know what the sights are for.)

Re: My wait is over... 2 years 10 months ago #1060

• wickededge
  • Administrator
dgriff wrote:
Better stones won't make a better sharpener if the basic skill-set isn't in place. (A better gun doesn't make a better shooter if you don't know what the sights are for.)

So true! Please be sure to give the stones some time to break in. They keep getting better and better with use.
--Clay Allison
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds