Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Kangaroo naked or kangaroo with .025 paste?

Kangaroo naked or kangaroo with .025 paste? 1 year 10 months ago #6127

• Scott Sherman
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
So in my quest for perfection, I was wondering if the highest possible step for a mirror polish and super sharp push sharp blade is to go from micro fine to cow leather at 5 micron, 3.5 micron, 1 micron, then .5 micron THEN to Kangaroo naked or kangaroo with .25 micron paste? The kangaroo comes with two sides of kangaroo so adding the paste would be a minimal expense, but do you really get much difference using the .025 paste from just going from .5 to naked kangaroo?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kangaroo naked or kangaroo with .025 paste? 1 year 10 months ago #6131

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
My thought is that the kangaroo by itself will likely not do much at all. The whole idea of the 'Roo is to provide a substrate that DOES NOT contribute to the process, but that lets the abrasive do its work on its own. In theory, this is exactly what you want in a substrate for stropping.

It would be great to see some micrographs of what is going on, but I would bet you could strop for a long time with simply 'Roo and not do much at all.
Maybe try some 0.125 or 0.1 micron spray on the other side... that is my approach. I use the 0.050 and 0.025 micron Diamond spray on nanocloth which reportedly contributes even less to the process than the 'Roo.

Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by PhilipPasteur.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds