Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nano or roo?

Nano or roo? 1 year 9 months ago #5576

• Rlb
  • Junior Boarder
  • RLB
  • Thank you received: 8
I need a new strop for my 0.125 diamond spray. Interested in the kangaroo leather or the nano cloth. Looking for suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Nano or roo? 1 year 9 months ago #5577

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 596
It seems like the default answer is "It depends..." and this case is no exception. It depends on what you're hoping to accomplish. The roo will give you a much smoother, more polished bevel, so if that's what you're after, then it's the right choice, hands down. If you specifically want .125um micro-teeth at the edge, then you would be better off with the nano-cloth.
Rlb wrote:
I need a new strop for my 0.125 diamond spray. Interested in the kangaroo leather or the nano cloth. Looking for suggestions?
--Clay Allison

Re: Nano or roo? 1 year 9 months ago #5580

• Rlb
  • Junior Boarder
  • RLB
wickededge wrote:
It seems like the default answer is "It depends..." and this case is no exception. It depends on what you're hoping to accomplish. The roo will give you a much smoother, more polished bevel, so if that's what you're after, then it's the right choice, hands down. If you specifically want .125um micro-teeth at the edge, then you would be better off with the nano-cloth.

Thanks Clay! Good question one I am not sure I can decide ha!. I like a toothy edge at the apex but I want the beautiful mirror polish on the bevel as well. Is that possible with the nano cloths?

Re: Nano or roo? 1 year 9 months ago #5581

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 596
You might try getting a super polished bevel with the roo strops and then adding in a nearly invisible micro-bevel, either with the nano-cloth strops and your choice of abrasives or with the Micro-Fine ceramics. That's what I'm doing with my carry knives because it's important for me to be able to show off a beautiful and hyper-aggressive edge and still be able to use it for everyday tasks. I use my knife constantly and people always want to check out the kind of edge I have on it.
Rlb wrote:
wickededge wrote:

Thanks Clay! Good question one I am not sure I can decide ha!. I like a toothy edge at the apex but I want the beautiful mirror polish on the bevel as well. Is that possible with the nano cloths?
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Re: Nano or roo? 1 year 9 months ago #5587

• Rlb
  • Junior Boarder
  • RLB
Perfect solution bc I already own the micro fine ceramics! great thought!

Re: Nano or roo? 1 year 9 months ago #5647

• ApexGS
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
I think I'm going to start experimenting with micro-bevels and try to polish up my Hogue carry knife. I like the toothy edge of the stones for all around cutting. Thus far I only have the contents of the Pro Pack 1 to work with, so I might have to take a couple of very light strokes with the 1000 stone to accomplish this.
Your friendly neighborhood gunsmith!
- Tom
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds