Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some Shaving Fun with the WEPS and a Maestro Wu...

Re: Some Shaving Fun with the WEPS and a Maestro Wu... 3 years 1 week ago #361

• gofly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hey I used to play the clarinet too! What is it with knife sharpeners and clarinet players?
Tho I am not quite as aged as Leo I too have let the playing slip away.

Lucky
Lucky
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Some Shaving Fun with the WEPS and a Maestro Wu... 3 years 1 week ago #362

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 209
Hey Lucky! What a coincidence eh! Clarinet Players Anonymous! Maybe it is broader than that, because Clay plays a wicked guitar I understand in a Country And Western group.I wonder whether there are other musicians lurking here?!
BTW how aged are you mate? ;)

Cheers
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell

Re: Some Shaving Fun with the WEPS and a Maestro Wu... 3 years 1 week ago #377

• gofly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I am just a puppy yet, will hit 62 next month!

Lucky
Lucky

Re: Some Shaving Fun with the WEPS and a Maestro Wu... 3 years 6 days ago #404

• edhead35
  • Expert Boarder
  • Food, Guns, Knives, Music
  • Thank you received: 21
You are a brave man. Just don't try that on the "chassis", then your wife would really be pissed!

On a side note, I want to get my first straight razor. I work for a shaving company, so I have access to the best safety shaving gear in the world, but I want to venture into the straight razor world. We have an art of shaving store on site where I can buy premium supplies, but they also sell straight razors.
www.theartofshaving.com/shop/razors/straight

Any tips on which straight razor to buy? I want a nice one to pass down as an heirloom. I am not stuck on Art of Shaving straight razors, I will buy anything that is high quality.

Also, this shaving oil is magical. www.theartofshaving.com/shop/shaving-products/pre-shave-oil
I have used it with a Gillette Proglide, and it is incredible how much is helps performance of a shave over a shave without it. I have also had an art of shaving straight edge shave at one time, and the oil makes all the difference in the world.
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by edhead35.

Re: Some Shaving Fun with the WEPS and a Maestro Wu... 3 years 6 days ago #428

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
As you can tell from my video, I'm the kid here! Just turned 36 :) Leo, I'm still a little active in music. I have a stray student here and there, and I still conduct a university wind band. I don't miss playing that much (anymore)... Who knows what will happen in the future, though. I'm leaving my options open. Right now, the knife and razor stuff keeps me plenty happy - and busy!

@ Edhead - The Art of Shaving has some very nice shaving products. I absolutely love their lemon scented after shave lotion. I have their pre-shave oil, and it doesn't seem to do anything either way for me, but it depends on your skin type, humidity levels, etc. If it works for you, then keep using it!

Buying your first straight is a wonderful experience :) The Art of Shaving uses TI blades, which are decent, but I feel a little overpriced on their site. There's a whole world of straight razors out there to choose from. Shaving politics, as you probably know, is very volatile! :lol: If you want more info PM me here, and I think we can find a good solution for you ;)

Something to consider is to transition more gradually into straights - Gillette makes a simple DE (Double Edge) safety razor (as opposed to some of the more elaborate DE's). It is a safer way to get used to the feeling of the blade actually against the skin on your face, and to get the technique of stretching the skin (I don't know how experienced a wet shaver you are). This is something we can further explore, for sure!
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com

Re: Some Shaving Fun with the WEPS and a Maestro Wu... 3 years 3 days ago #469

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
I know this is a little off topic, but 2 other freaks also shaved with their Maestro Wu's and got it on video. You might recognize the 2nd guy, Michiel - he's a member here and owns a WEPS, although he used a different system to hone his cleaver. He doesn't have all the goodies for the WEPS that I do :evil:

Here is the link with all the videos in one place.

Enjoy! ;)
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds