Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Ceramic Paddles

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 3 months ago #3024

• Deputy115
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
wickededge wrote:
Thanks for wringing at least a little smile out of me on this topic and for the feedback. I have to take responsibility for getting the ceramics to said YT poster because I was on the phone w/ him the day his 50/80 stones were going out and was able to drop the ceramics in the same box to save on shipping. I'll check out Vimeo for posting our vids, it does seem to be much more professional.

^^ A valid point and a great opportuninty missed here ....:huh:
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Deputy115.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 3 months ago #3025

• kay
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Everyone, this is Kay from Wicked Edge Customer Service and Dealer Relations with an update regarding the Super Fine Ceramics that have been on back order since mid-September 2011.
We finally have the Super Fine Ceramic Stones Packs back in stock after a long, long wait. We are very happy to let you know that we have begun shipping the back ordered Super Fine Ceramic Stones as of last week, according to original purchase date. It will take us approximately 10 more business days to complete the whole back order and we will be sure to email tracking numbers on the specific shipping date.

Thank you again for your continued patience. We will have 60+ Super Fine Ceramic Stones in stock after the back order is complete and another production order coming in approximately 6 weeks.

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 3 months ago #3028

• Allgonquin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Raising hand.... Order 2664, placed December 2.... please make sure I'm in the queue, thanks.
Allgonquin

Objects in closer are mirror than they appear

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 2 months ago #3303

I previously submitted a post stating my order numbers and the fact I have not received any ceramic paddles at that time. It's been over 3 weeks of more frustrating waiting and I have yet to receive any of the paddles I ordered. I'm close to being done with WE...

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 2 months ago #3304

• BassLakeDan
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 28
StephenGardner wrote:
I previously submitted a post stating my order numbers and the fact I have not received any ceramic paddles at that time. It's been over 3 weeks of more frustrating waiting and I have yet to receive any of the paddles I ordered. I'm close to being done with WE...

Stephen,
I can certainly understand, but there are workarounds to this issue. See my post:
Home Brew Lapping Plates

Unless you absolutely need "ceramics" to accomplish some particular reason/goal, you can do very well to get to what might be possible goals for you of either "very good/excellent" edge sharpness, or the goal of "mirror polish" without the necessity of using the ceramics.

There is a group of us working on the creation of a numeric sharpness tester jig, whereby we get actual number readouts on various sharpening progressions (not guessing with phone book paper slicing!). The jig is still in development, so I can not get you one yet to test your own results with, but I have checked the results on this jig regarding the "WE Ceramic Stone Issue" against my home lapping progression above, and if it makes you feel any better you are not missing that much just because you do not have the "ceramics" B) In other words, there are other ways to skin that cat.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by BassLakeDan.

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 2 months ago #3306

• holymolar
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
StephenGardner wrote:

I can understand your frustration. I just received my ceramics 2 days ago that I ordered on Feb 27th, over 3 months ago. I had lost patients too and finally reached a point that I figured I would never get them and simply stopped thinking about them. When they did show up I was pleasantly surprised. And I used them on 3 knives already. They are great and were worth the wait.

It may not help to say but I can practically guarantee that you're going to love those stones when you finally do get them. Let us know when they do arrive and if they are everything you expected of them.

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 2 months ago #3319

• johnjames
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I ordered and paid for my ceramics, Dec. 17, 2011 and I recieved them about two weeks ago!...
Yes, waiting sucks, but things happen. Their sharpening system is really efficient, and I'm glad to have it, Wicked Edge seems to be determined to do the right thing, and I believe that they really care about their customers...Give'em a chance, I did'nt start complaining until about 2, or 3 months ago.

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 2 months ago #3328

waste of my time
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by BrahamBelferman.

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 2 months ago #3335

• MitBud
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been waiting for my back order for the ceramic paddles to be filled since the end of Jan. Kay and Kyle responded to my email in mid May and said to expect my backorder to be filled within 4 days. It is almost a month and now I am getting no responses to my emails. I am very frustrated.

Re: Ceramic Paddles 2 years 2 months ago #3336

• davidmcm77
  • Senior Boarder
  • Country must be country wide.
  • Thank you received: 14
I understand your frustrations. But if I were you I would just call them. I have always had better luck calling them than I have emailing.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick"
-Roosevelt
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds