Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Vice Alignment

Vice Alignment 2 years 6 months ago #1659

I notice the right hand side of the vice moves to the right and slightly out of the blue base when the lower screw is tightened. The lower right hand side is not threaded like the top and that matches drawing in the manual, so it pushes the right vice base to the right when tightened. I did not note this initially and started looking closer when I noted I often could not get similar angle settings with the presets when using the angle cube. I take it this movement to the right is normal?

Will
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Vice Alignment 2 years 6 months ago #1660

• dgriff
  • Senior Boarder
  • My order # was 2375. Now shush, I'm sharpening!
  • Thank you received: 19
Yes.

Seems to me if the bottom screw were threaded there would be the chance of a smaller gap at the bottom, and that would reduce the clamping effect of the jaws up top. Do not over-tighten (over-extend) the lower screw, however.
And to address why only the right side moves...something has to be attached to the WE machined base, and if both moved then that would add additional E's to the word engineering.... :D ....and fewer $$$ in my pocket.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by dgriff.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WilliamGibbons
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds