Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: New to WE - Kitchen Knife Nut

New to WE - Kitchen Knife Nut 1 month 4 weeks ago #18190

I purchased a Pro Pack II WE a few months ago and added a couple more stones a few days ago. I sharpen mainly kitchen knives.

I think I tightened the angle micro adjustment screws too much. The screw shafts might have been bent as a result. It's just darn hard or next to impossible to micro adjust the angles of the ball joints now. I hope I didn't ruin them. Can anyone give advice?

Are there pictorial instructions of inserting bronze or metal sleeves into the paddles?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New to WE - Kitchen Knife Nut 1 month 4 weeks ago #18193

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 649
Knifeman Can wrote:
I think I tightened the angle micro adjustment screws too much. The screw shafts might have been bent as a result. It's just darn hard or next to impossible to micro adjust the angles of the ball joints now. I hope I didn't ruin them. Can anyone give advice?

I'm guessing that the threads may be damaged. Try a few drops of oil to loosen it up a little, then remove the ball joints completely. Clean them thoroughly along with the threads inside the L-Collar. Add a few drops of oil and try to reinstall the back into the L-Collars. If that doesn't do the trick for you, please get in touch with us (phone: 877-616-9911 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) and we'll help you get them repaired or replaced. If you have a 1/4-28 tap you can clean out the threads in the L-Collar and if you have a 1/4-28 die you can straighten out the threads on the ball joint. If not, no worries, we'll be happy to do it for you or replace them if needed.
--Clay Allison

New to WE - Kitchen Knife Nut 1 month 3 weeks ago #18195

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 403
Hi Can, welcome to the forum! Bad luck for the screw shafts. But I think you just witnessed some WE customer service. It's second to none. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

New to WE - Kitchen Knife Nut 1 month 3 weeks ago #18197

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Hi Can,
Welcome to the forum. Hope this is your last fix? lol Customer service just does not get any better then Clay and crew!!! No worries your new toy if far from wrecked! They will have you running in no time!
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds