Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newb Dude

Newb Dude 4 months 1 week ago #17167

• Warthog
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm Warthog. A big fan of tools and weapons of all kinds. I sharpen stuff, but never to that "Holy $h**! That's sharp." level. I bought the WE to improve my edges.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newb Dude 4 months 1 week ago #17168

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 199
Welcome aboard! Interesting user name... So how long have you had your WE and what sort of sharpening have you tried?

Re:Newb Dude 4 months 1 week ago #17169

• Ducs2r
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I am relatively new to the EE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:Newb Dude 4 months 1 week ago #17171

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 388
Welcome! I like the user name, too. I've got a knife with a handle made of warthog tusk (to stay on topic...) ;)

Re:Newb Dude 4 months 1 week ago #17173

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
I've got a sister who's never forgiven me for calling her "Warthog" when we were kids. I'd rather have the knife.

So Warthog, did you used to fly A-10's or is it some self-esteem thing?

Newb Dude 4 months 6 days ago #17176

• Warthog
  • Fresh Boarder
My screen name is derived from the A-10 Thunderbolt -- affectionately known as the Warthog. No, I never drove a Hog. But I have been on the ground when seeing it fly overhead was a very welcome sight indeed.

Anyway, I just bought my WE and haven't even been able to use it yet. Somehow in the transition to a different carrying case, I misplaced the alignment guide. I think I burned the box it was in with the rest of the cardboard the other day. Bummer. I've been trying to find one I can buy, but it seems a whole lot more difficult than you might think.

Newb Dude 4 months 6 days ago #17177

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
I'm not sure which part exactly you are calling the "alignment guide." Call Wicked Edge on Monday and I'm sure that they will help you out immediately. In every case I've followed here on the forum, the guys have raved about the excellent customer service they provide.

Newb Dude 4 months 6 days ago #17178

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 237
I think that you will find all the information you require under resources at the top of this page it has a subsection - instructions I think you will find everything you need there . If not post a more specific question and someone will have the answer or is the part you are missing the template to mount the vice to a base?
There manual does not have much in it the rest is in the Wiki for WE www.wickededgeusa.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&Itemid=261 I hate to think a whole WE w/end is lost due to lack of info .

Leo Nav

Newb Dude 4 months 6 days ago #17179

• Warthog
  • Fresh Boarder
Not a lack of info. A lack of what the instructions call the alignment guide. The ruler looking thing with 2 holes in it the the depth key holds to the mount while setting up a blade. I can't believe I lost it.

Newb Dude 4 months 6 days ago #17180

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 237
Ah now I understand to be honest I do not use mine plus if you are starting on some old knives it really won't matter if there is a fair amount of blade curve up to the point then position the clamp about 2/3 of the way towards it if the knife is about right the bevel should be consistent throughout the entire length.
You should do at least a dozen junk knives to accustom yourself to the tool and to start breaking in the diamonds I am sure they will send you one next week by the time you get it you will be ready for refining everything so by then if you choose to use the guide your technique should be on the way to start doing slightly better knives or redoing your first knives .
Ideally you should be doing the nastiest Chinese knives to start off with or knives perhaps you partner has used for digging in the garden.

Leo Nav
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warthog
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds