Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: strider sng

strider sng 4 months 1 week ago #16580

• knifenut 2000
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Well I finally broke down and sealed the deal on my first strider. I ordered a sng model. Anybody who has experience with strider I would appreciate your feedback. I thought I'd never spend $400 on a blade. I think it's an addiction.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch, GibCurry

strider sng 4 months 1 week ago #16584

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 608
Great knives for sure. Not the best edges always out of the box, but lately they've been getting much better. I'd love to hear what you think of the edge when the knife arrives. They can be tricky to position to match the bevels exactly so you'll need to experiment to find the sweet spot. It might involve tilting the blade somewhat and fiddling with the front-to-back position. Definitely use a marker to find the angle and sweet spot. It wouldn't be surprising if the angles vary from side to side initially. I'd opt for just matching the existing angles to start, or just picking the lower of the two sides and cutting both bevels to match that angle.
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: razoredgeknives, EamonMcGowan, knifenut 2000

strider sng 4 months 1 week ago #16588

• knifenut 2000
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the tips. I'm going to definitely take your advice and try to find the sweet spot.

strider sng 4 months 1 week ago #16589

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 206
knifenut 2000 wrote:
Well I finally broke down and sealed the deal on my first strider. I ordered a sng model. Anybody who has experience with strider I would appreciate your feedback. I thought I'd never spend $400 on a blade. I think it's an addiction.

Yes, yes it is an addiction, but a very nice one! Your wife may not think so, but...! Enjoy your new knife mate! :)

Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The following user(s) said Thank You: EamonMcGowan

strider sng 3 months 4 weeks ago #16797

• knifenut 2000
  • Fresh Boarder
Why is it that now I finally have my new sng broken in. I have a strong urge to own a sebeneza?
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds