Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: What to add?

What to add? 5 months 5 days ago #16137

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 192
Wes74 wrote:
EamonMcGowan wrote:
Here is anther vote for ceramics. The LAA is for down the road. I would also think hard about a kanagroo strop. You would not believe what a difference there is with the roo! A roo strop is about 1/2 the price of the macro ceramic. I have them in 5/3.5 and 1/.25 and those that I have sharpened for with them find them amazing!

I will have to consider those. If I go with the ceramics which ones would you start with, also with the balsa and roo strops?

I started with the 1200/1600 and I think most would tell you to do the same? I have both balsa and roo and I would go for the roo if I was looking to sharpen and balsa for shine. Others may have a different take, but that is my opinion. Of coarse remember we are splitting hairs here! The old adage around here is "it depends" on what your final goal is? YMMV?
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What to add? 5 months 5 days ago #16141

• Wes74
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thank you all for the help. I am going to go with the 1200/1600 then move on from there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds