Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Angle off by 3 degrees with upgrade set.

Angle off by 3 degrees with upgrade set. 7 months 4 days ago #16306

• leomitch
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 209
I have been using the WEPS so long that I only use the degree markings as approximations of the angle I want...my accuracy comes from using the angle cube, and now on the new arms, the fine adjustment screws. Couldn't get much better than that.
A sharpener that can give you split-hair accuracy would require an expensive micrometer on each side which would boost the sharpener's cost prohibitively. An error of .5 degrees is of no consequence, but an error of 3 degrees tells me something is very wrong. Either user error or the fine adjustment screws are in different places. If the sharpener has been assembled properly and nothing has been bent or misaligned, then speak to Clay and he will help you out as he always does when there is any problem. No fear. ;)
Leo
Never go anywhere without your knife!
Gibbs rule number 9

Leo James Mitchell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Angle off by 3 degrees with upgrade set. 7 months 4 days ago #16307

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 232
Is it possible that this is the angle rod from the original WEPS and not the upgraded one that is supposed to come with the riser block?

Hey CQCQ! Welcome aboard. Is it QRK5 QSA5 ?? Or am I too old to remember back that far?
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch

Angle off by 3 degrees with upgrade set. 7 months 3 days ago #16317

• fvdk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
There was indeed something wrong with the set in the picture. The problem was already reported (and solved) more than a year ago in this topic so apparently I received a set that missed the recall.

I am happy to report that I have been in contact with Kyle about this and he has been very helpful and has send a replacement. Thumbs up for Wicked Edge and Kyle for their excellent service.
The following user(s) said Thank You: leomitch
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds