Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie 10 months 3 weeks ago #14288

So my girlfriend saw me looking at the Pro Pack 1, and decided to order it for me while I was out of the house at school. Yes, she is a keeper, don't you think? My WEPS is set to be delivered Monday and I can't wait. I am glad to be a part of this community, and can't wait to get things sharp.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie 10 months 3 weeks ago #14293

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 237
Lucky chap

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie 10 months 3 weeks ago #14294

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
McFlurrey06 wrote:
So my girlfriend saw me looking at the Pro Pack 1, and decided to order it for me while I was out of the house at school. Yes, she is a keeper, don't you think? My WEPS is set to be delivered Monday and I can't wait. I am glad to be a part of this community, and can't wait to get things sharp.

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie 10 months 3 weeks ago #14300

• philter
  • Fresh Boarder
Welcome to the forum. I'm also a newbie but a long time lurker and researcher of the Wicked Edge system. I bought just the basic kit and have since added the 800/1000 grit plates and an Angle Cube (definitely recommended). I can see that soon I will be adding strops to the system to make it similar to what you are getting.

I guess as a newbie all I can say is that you will love the system and to read all the tips and watch all the videos on the site to prepare. As other members have stated - the paddles take a while to 'bed in' so it will be a few knifes done before they start settling down. Take it slow and have fun. (Also keep your fingers out of the way.) :)

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie 10 months 3 weeks ago #14303

• JackMontrose
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Welcome, make shure you read, a good start is the wiki on this web site. You will love it when it arrives. Like pointed out above, your stones will have a breakin period (maybe 5 to 10 knives). Keep us up to date on your progress. :)

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie 10 months 3 weeks ago #14313

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 388
Welcome, Mc! I almost envy you with such a girlfriend :) . Mine finally tolerates my hobby after a few years...

UPS drops it of Monday, WEPS newbie 10 months 3 weeks ago #14337

I tried to post back from my phone, but I guess it didn't work. With less than 24 hours to go, I can't wait. I have a few cheap knives that I can practice with, and then dull back up on a bench stone. So I can get them broken in before getting onto my nice blades.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds