Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Now a new owner!!

Now a new owner!! 1 year 2 months ago #12286

• GibCurry
  • Expert Boarder
  • Gib
  • Thank you received: 117
Stayed up later than usual setting up the new PP-II

It's all there!!

WckedEdgeSetupSmall.jpg

The dark bases reminded me of our kitchen counter -- black, shiny, speckled. Then the white base shows up. I like it.

The knife in the vise is my first go -- a cheapo. The only information I can find on it is an almost microscopic "China".

I've got my USB microscope working but am not happy with the images. I'll work on that.

If you don't hear from me for a couple of days, I'll be in the garage at my workbench!!
~~~~

For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

"My goal is to be a good, practical knife sharpener. My dream is to polish molecules."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: Now a new owner!! 1 year 2 months ago #12287

• JedBowen
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Congratulations on your new arrival. The WE looks good mounted to that pretty white base. Now time to break in the stones on that cheap Chinese blade and then be amazed at how crazy sharp you can get a knife.
Welcome to the elite club of the Wicked Edge owners.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GibCurry

Re: Now a new owner!! 1 year 2 months ago #12294

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
GibCurry wrote:

The dark bases reminded me of our kitchen counter -- black, shiny, speckled. Then the white base shows up. I like it.

I got an *ALL* white quartzite base. I like it too, except that when it is dirty, it really shows it. The darn thing must weigh 16 pounds. It does keep everything from moving around.

I've got my USB microscope working but am not happy with the images. I'll work on that.

Those Veho type USB camera/microscopes are real fiddly. Lots of folks end up buying better stands for them. That makes it much easier to get good results. There is a thread on that around here that discusses several different types with links. If you are interested.

Welcome to the group!
Phil
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by PhilipPasteur.

Re: Now a new owner!! 1 year 2 months ago #12306

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 402
Welcome Gib! Congrats with your WEPS. Enjoy it!

Phil is right about the VEHO. It is quite fiddly, particularly because its depth of focus/vision (is that the proper term?) is so limited. Nevertheless it is very good value for money. I have one of the stands Phil refers to. But quite often the easiest way to use it is still to manually hold the scope tight against the bevel and then try to focus it.

Success!
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by mark76.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds