Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Newbie saying hello!

Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #10995

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Ordered my Wicked Edge about a week ago but sadly my order is backordered. Hope it ships soon! I've been using a sharpmaker as my only sharpener and my knives are dying in anticipation to be sharpened on the Wicked Edge! :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #10996

• EamonMcGowan
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
Welcome! Let us know when it arrives? If I were you I would use this time to go to some thrift store to find some deals on old knifes. That way you will have something to practice on when you get it. Your stones will need to break in so the first two knifes should be a couple you don't really love?
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RichardMiller1

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #10997

I have quite a few knives set aside for practicing on. Sadly lost a huge part of my knife collection to theft (several Emerson and Spyderco) but I am slowly getting back into collecting. I have three cheap smith & Wesson knives, and low end Spyderco that I'm gonna practice on. Then once I'm proficient I'll take a chance with my paramilitary 2. That's my current edc.

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #10998

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 462
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your WEPS when it arrives. And in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask any questions. There's a wealth of information here to spend your time on... ;) .
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by mark76.

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #11014

No questions just yet, it all seems pretty straight forward. I think I've watched every YouTube video that exists for the WEPS. I just wish it would ship already! LOL

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #11016

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 167
Welcome and have fun. :woohoo:

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #11041

Thanks!

One question I do have is with the strops and ceramic stones... which order do I go in after the diamond stones? I bought the pro pack 1 and both sets of ceramics (1200/1600 and Micro Fine)

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #11057

Everything shipped! :D

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #11059

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
loft wrote:
Everything shipped! :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
loft wrote:
Thanks!

One question I do have is with the strops and ceramic stones... which order do I go in after the diamond stones? I bought the pro pack 1 and both sets of ceramics (1200/1600 and Micro Fine)

In general, use the ceramics after the diamonds, then the strops after the ceramics, if you're going for the most polished edge. But there's no set rules... experiment and see what works for you. For example, I'll sometimes just use a little stroppng after the diamonds, and skip ceramics, sometimes stop after the ceramics, others will strop, then go back and put a little micro bevel on with a ceramic, etc. That's the fun and advantage of sharpening your own knives, and the WE makes experimenting a breeze.

Have fun! :)

Re: Newbie saying hello! 1 year 5 months ago #11065

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 462
cbwx34 wrote:
But there's no set rules... experiment and see what works for you. For example, I'll sometimes just use a little stroppng after the diamonds, and skip ceramics, sometimes stop after the ceramics, others will strop, then go back and put a little micro bevel on with a ceramic, etc. That's the fun and advantage of sharpening your own knives, and the WE makes experimenting a breeze.

That's a big part of the fun of the WEPS. But in cases you don't want to experiment and just build on other people's experiences, try microfine coarse -> 1200 -> 1600 -> microfine fine -> stropping. This will get you a mirror edge that is truely wickedly sharp.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by mark76.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds