Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nano-Cloth Studies - Series 1

Re: Nano-Cloth Studies - Series 1 1 year 11 months ago #4724

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
That was my 4th choice. :). :). ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Nano-Cloth Studies - Series 1 1 year 11 months ago #4730

• ApexGS
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
This is some really cool stuff. Now I'm up in the air about my first round of upgrades and addons to my kit.

Is there a good rule of thumb for which level of abrasive is the entry level for the nano-cloth giving optimal results, or can you use just about anything on them equally well? Would both kangaroo and nano-cloth perform equally well for the coarser polish?

Perhaps the next comparison could be showing the same compound on each type of strop? It would be really interesting to see how the standard pro kit 5/3.5 micron diamond pastes look on each leather type and nano-cloth. No rest for the Wicked (Edge) I suppose :)
Your friendly neighborhood gunsmith!
- Tom

Re: Nano-Cloth Studies - Series 1 1 year 11 months ago #4734

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 610
Good questions. I think the kangaroo is best used in the finer ranges, maybe 5 microns and lower. I haven't done any testing yet with the kangaroo at coarser grits, but off the top of my head, I think it wouldn't be the best use of the roo's awesome burnishing properties. I think the nano-cloth should be appropriate for any grit, especially when you don't want burnishing and want the micro teeth to extend all the way to the edge.
ApexGS wrote:
This is some really cool stuff. Now I'm up in the air about my first round of upgrades and addons to my kit.

Is there a good rule of thumb for which level of abrasive is the entry level for the nano-cloth giving optimal results, or can you use just about anything on them equally well? Would both kangaroo and nano-cloth perform equally well for the coarser polish?

Perhaps the next comparison could be showing the same compound on each type of strop? It would be really interesting to see how the standard pro kit 5/3.5 micron diamond pastes look on each leather type and nano-cloth. No rest for the Wicked (Edge) I suppose :)
--Clay Allison

Re: Nano-Cloth Studies - Series 1 1 year 11 months ago #4747

• ApexGS
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 51
Thanks for the info, Clay. I'm pondering my first bundle of goodies for the kit, possibly including a set of each or just jumping to two nano-cloth sets since there's some price difference. When you're on a budget a few bucks counts :)

All this info on the nano-cloth has me leaning toward them, since I can certainly pick up more later!
Your friendly neighborhood gunsmith!
- Tom

Re: Nano-Cloth Studies - Series 1 1 year 11 months ago #4753

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 304
Very interesting Clay. I find Mark's observations to be on point... hopefully we can figure out what's going on! Thanks for spending the time on the different experiments... you have the dream job! lol, how does your wife ever put up w/ you? :lol:

Re: Nano-Cloth Studies - Series 1 1 year 11 months ago #4757

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 610
She hardly does :)
razoredgeknives wrote:
Very interesting Clay. I find Mark's observations to be on point... hopefully we can figure out what's going on! Thanks for spending the time on the different experiments... you have the dream job! lol, how does your wife ever put up w/ you? :lol:
--Clay Allison
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds