Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Atoma 140's... re-profiling made easy!

Atoma 140's... re-profiling made easy! 4 months 4 weeks ago #14910

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 184
Just wanted to update my experience with the Atomas. I have lost count where I am, with how many knives I've done with them? It is fair to say I have done at least two knives every day since purchase. Mine continue to cut very well. Not as abrasive as new but to the point I must be careful not to chip or leave deep scratch marks on softer steel? I do not even use my 100/200 paddles at all now and have not since I bought the Atomas. I did not buy the 400 and kind of wished I did just to try them out? (maybe I still will?) The 600 is good for lighter stock removal but I like to go back with 400 DMT to put a nice "bite-toothie" edge on? Then followed up with a normal progression depending where I want to end up? The 1200 Atoma seems to be the red haired step child for me? I just have not figured where this stone fits in with my style (or lack of)? Leo suggested on the other thread that it was a good soft tomato edge? And I think he is right on the money! but not to many of my friends and customers use a knife exclusive to soft tomatoes?
If your on a budget and do a lot of stock removal the 140's are perfect for you! If you do light stock removal and just want to make it easier on your self? then I would say get the 600's If you want the 1200's see me for a deal!
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAUG, Mikedoh

Atoma 140's... re-profiling made easy! 4 months 4 weeks ago #14918

• DAUG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Eamon,

Thanks for the update.....

Atoma 140's... re-profiling made easy! 4 months 3 weeks ago #14923

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 184
DAUG wrote:
Eamon,

Thanks for the update.....

Daug,

Your Welcome!

Eamon
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds