Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9402

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 596
Great feedback guys, thank you. I should have some samples in tomorrow to check out. If all's well, we'll press forward as quickly as we can.
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbwx34, SleeplessJunkie

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9408

• wickededge
  • Administrator
Some pics of the samples that came in today:

case-1.jpg

case-2.jpg

case-3.jpg
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: SleeplessJunkie

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9409

• wickededge
  • Administrator
The combined weight of the components and case is just over 30 lbs. The samples they sent came with wheels and telescoping handle which seems great and will work really well for my own use, but I travel a fair amount with my sharpener, so I'm not a great judge of people's storage/transport needs. We may end up going with two models so that those who travel more frequently and/or professional mobile sharpeners can have a nice option.

The case itself is pretty bombproof - waterproof, shock resistant, has pressure relief valve etc...
--Clay Allison

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9413

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 127
Wow! :woohoo:

That looks great, especially for a sample. The finish of the logo looks amazing.

Don't know how the balance is. If the base weights one side too much (for the handle to drag down one side in your hand), I would suggest putting the base in the middle and splitting the stones, misc. storage 50/50 on either side.

If you can squeeze in any more stone holes that would be great. I would like more stone holes and less misc. storage. The only item I have that would really fit in is the angle cube (required) and loupe. My other stuff is quite large, full role of painters tape, large bottle alcohol, water squirt bottle, flashlight, roll of paper towels, etc. I realize I could down size some of this, less paper towels, smaller bottles etc. But I think after the WE the stones are 2nd most deserving of a good home.

I would still love a stones only case. Same size as this box, just thinner, just thick enough to lay stones flat plus padding on each side. I would use this kit everyday and get rid of the plano boxes. I won't pickup or move the WE too often (I leave it out on the table), but I would use a box daily to hold the stones.

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9415

• SleeplessJunkie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
A thing of beauty *drools*

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9418

• DAUG
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 19
Wow, Clay, that's impressive......30 lbs huh? That's a lot of stuff, but then again it's for your business. I'd be curious to see your lighter example for sure....and hopefully with no wheels.

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9420

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 410
Is that 30 lbs with the heaviest base?

Geocyclist has some good points... it looks like you could have a cutout in front of the syringes (is that the ruler?) that would hold the ruler, then maybe a square above it that would hold the angle cube (w/o the case)? This would create a space on the right for 2 or 3 more slots for stones/strops. (I'm not sure what that slot in the middle far right is for.)

But even as is... looks pretty sweet!

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9421

• wickededge
  • Administrator
The PP2 comes with the QuartzStone base, so it's a little bit heavier. In that photo, I have the 50/80, 100/200, 400/600/ 800/1000, 1200/1600, Micro-Fines, 5.0/3.5 and 1.0/0.5 strops, a bunch of pastes, the ruler, the angle cube and a mini-microscope. The ruler is in that little slot in front.
--Clay Allison

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9427

• JamesBare
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks great, makes me wish I had waited a little while longer before I got my own case. I do think the base should be centered to make carrying it easier, balance it out better. Unless the weight of everything else can balance out the weight of the base.
I need to catch more fish so I have an excuse to resharpen my fillet knives :-D

Re: Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case - Think Pelican 1 year 4 months ago #9432

• JamesBell
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Nice Start Clay, If the case has wheels, as your sample does, the the base at the bottom would be best. The lower the weight the better on wheels. I agree with others it would be better in the middle if I had to pick it up by the handle. Sound like you covered the full set of slots for stones, would like to see a few more open slots, for expansion. The packing in the case, does not look like a soft foam, is it more the molder hard material and could it be modified by the owner or would we be making a big mess to touch it?

thanks
James
- James
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds