Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: New rods and riser

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3866

  • TarasShevchenko
  • TarasShevchenko's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 19
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 2
Thanks for clarification
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3876

  • zig
  • zig's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 126
  • Thank you received: 37
  • Karma: 12
Question:
So Scandi grinds in the 10 - 11 field are out or is there a workaround?
www.zbsharpening.com
Knife Sharpening Service
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
908-635-2748
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3877

  • wickededge
  • wickededge's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1789
  • Thank you received: 648
  • Karma: 92
zig wrote:
Question:
So Scandi grinds in the 10 - 11 field are out or is there a workaround?

We have another device we're about to release that is perfect for single bevel and Scandi ground knives, but it's not part of the arms/riser upgrade.
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3878

  • WayneClark
  • WayneClark's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 2
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 1
Clay,
Thank you for responded to my question about the new arms and riser. I can't wait to get a look at them in your upcoming video. Your WE system is absolutely amazing. Once you get the hang of it ( and don't give in) you become more aware of what your trying to accomplish and why.For me, it's getting easier to perform the act of sharpening with outstanding results. It's actually fun to learn what you to do( or at least think I need to do ) for different steels,S30v,S35v,M4,Vg-10,ZPD-189,..etc. I respect the fact that your still trying to improve your already successful system. I look forward to the new product. And congratulation on your 2012 award.

Thanks,
Wayne
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3882

  • zig
  • zig's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 126
  • Thank you received: 37
  • Karma: 12
Got it.
As I'm now pretty much running off the angle cubes, just need to get the rise and pass the bolt if the blade is thin or with what I say your first experiment I saw, that addon in the top of the vice raising the knife and you getting 9 or less degrees off it.

A vertical one side level for Sushi knives, Emersons, if that's what your thinking, would be stunning.

That would be SWEET!

Put me on the list :)

YOu add convex scissors and go up the next level to a seat next to the big guy!
Serrated and you get the seat :)
www.zbsharpening.com
Knife Sharpening Service
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
908-635-2748
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by zig.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3883

  • wickededge
  • wickededge's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1789
  • Thank you received: 648
  • Karma: 92
There is actually a really sweet accessory for convex scissors that I've got prototyped, just need to do some tweaking to the design and get it into production. It has some very nice, TOP SECRET, features that I'm really excited to unveil as well.....
zig wrote:
Got it.
As I'm now pretty much running off the angle cubes, just need to get the rise and pass the bolt if the blade is thin or with what I say your first experiment I saw, that addon in the top of the vice raising the knife and you getting 9 or less degrees off it.

A vertical one side level for Sushi knives, Emersons, if that's what your thinking, would be stunning.

That would be SWEET!

Put me on the list :)

YOu add convex scissors and go up the next level to a seat next to the big guy!
Serrated and you get the seat :)
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3884

  • zig
  • zig's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 126
  • Thank you received: 37
  • Karma: 12
I'm seeing a halo forming around your head ;)
On the list.

I've got to say, there are a ton of ways to sharpen, but never one way only.
I've used the WEPS for not only edges, strick edges, but so many odds and ends and parts of knives that needed fixing it is a true multi-tool, and will grow in time.
Your concept of the knife being stationary opens up new worlds.
Thank you once again!
wickededge wrote:
There is actually a really sweet accessory for convex scissors that I've got prototyped, just need to do some tweaking to the design and get it into production. It has some very nice, TOP SECRET, features that I'm really excited to unveil as well.....
zig wrote:
Got it.
As I'm now pretty much running off the angle cubes, just need to get the rise and pass the bolt if the blade is thin or with what I say your first experiment I saw, that addon in the top of the vice raising the knife and you getting 9 or less degrees off it.

A vertical one side level for Sushi knives, Emersons, if that's what your thinking, would be stunning.

That would be SWEET!

Put me on the list :)

YOu add convex scissors and go up the next level to a seat next to the big guy!
Serrated and you get the seat :)
www.zbsharpening.com
Knife Sharpening Service
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
908-635-2748
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New rods and riser 2 years 2 months ago #3885

  • wickededge
  • wickededge's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1789
  • Thank you received: 648
  • Karma: 92
You're welcome - I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's a lot of fun for me to dream up new schemes for it, listen to everyone's feedback and try to make it even better. This forum sometimes astonishes me with the numbers of really bright, kind, interesting people that are participating.
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds