TOPIC: Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16663

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 649
EamonMcGowan wrote:
wickededge wrote:
tcmeyer wrote:
Of course, this means I'll have to stop referring to my WEPS PP2 as a "professional grade" sharpener.

Nah, the PP2 is definitely professional grade. The new one probably should be called Commercial or Industrial, I just didn't like how that sounded. If anyone has a better name suggestion, it's early enough that we could still change it.

Hey Clay,
Just a thought? When a blade smith raises to the top of ABS (or in Japan) they become a Master. How about "The Masters Model"? I don't know if that sounds good or not? Just thinking out loud?

That's a nice idea. Maybe like this - Wicked Edge Master Sharpener? Or does that sound too much like a person's title?
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16664

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 200
wickededge wrote:
EamonMcGowan wrote:
wickededge wrote:
tcmeyer wrote:
Of course, this means I'll have to stop referring to my WEPS PP2 as a "professional grade" sharpener.

Nah, the PP2 is definitely professional grade. The new one probably should be called Commercial or Industrial, I just didn't like how that sounded. If anyone has a better name suggestion, it's early enough that we could still change it.

Hey Clay,
Just a thought? When a blade smith raises to the top of ABS (or in Japan) they become a Master. How about "The Masters Model"? I don't know if that sounds good or not? Just thinking out loud?

That's a nice idea. Maybe like this - Wicked Edge Master Sharpener? Or does that sound too much like a person's title?

Sounds appropriate to me? It is a WE and it would be it's name?
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16668

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 238
Master or another one I like is - and this probable won't mean anything but we called our big rib (ridged inflatable boat) after a character from Faulty Towers 'The Major' that still allows for further evolution to the Admiral/ the General since I am sure this will not be the ultimate tool from Wicked Edge ; there is way to much pursuit of perfection in Wicked Edge for this to be the case.

Leo Nav

Re:Re: Re:Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16669

• razoredgeknives
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 386
wickededge wrote:
razoredgeknives wrote:
How are the sales on it doing after the kitchen award? Did that help? Congrats!

Josh

Thanks for asking. We haven't really been trying to sell it yet, just got it onto the site yesterday. We're starting a big push soon, gearing up for the National Restaurant Association show in May. Even so, we're selling enough to make me feel good.

That's great clay thanks! I hope you a ton of success!

Josh

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16671

• wickededge
  • Administrator
LeoBarr wrote:
Master or another one I like is - and this probable won't mean anything but we called our big rib (ridged inflatable boat) after a character from Faulty Towers 'The Major' that still allows for further evolution to the Admiral/ the General since I am sure this will not be the ultimate tool from Wicked Edge ; there is way to much pursuit of perfection in Wicked Edge for this to be the case.

Leo Nav

Good point Leo. Thanks!
--Clay Allison

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16673

• Craigf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
The wicked edge Master pro pack! Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16676

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
I actually like Commercial.

You could call it the iPhone 6,,,, think of the web traffic and free publicity (from the lawsuit) you'd get. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16682

• tcmeyer
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 232
Geez guys... I should have used one of those little smiley face doomajiggies. :P It was meant as a joke. I thought "Professional" was just fine.

But if you're in the mood to change the name, it occurred to me that what's different is that this new package is an integrated system. The existing Pro Pack was already a professional sharpener compared to the other systems out there. The new pack has an improved "clamp on center" feature, but otherwise, the main feature is that it does put everything in one gadget. For pros, the big difference will be set-up time at the shows. Nicht wahr?

BTW, the other night I watched your video on how to sharpen straight razors on the Pro Pack, by rotating the pivot blocks 90 degrees to move the pivot point off center, relative to the clamps. Very, very clever. Will the new system still allow you to do that?

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16684

• GibCurry
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Gib
  • Thank you received: 117
wickededge wrote:
tcmeyer wrote:

To me Professional did separate it from the Pro-Packs and Field & Sports -- all three "product categories" are "professional" quality sharpeners.

I can see the potential that there are more choices added to all three product levels/grades/designations.

That being said, here's the quick list that came to mind for me.....

Master Series/Edition

Industry Series/Edition

Trades Series/Edition

Production Series/Edition

Market Series/Edition

Again, though, I feel the name already distinguishes it....

~~~~
~~~~

For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

"My goal is to be a good, practical knife sharpener. My dream is to polish molecules."
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, LeoBarr

Wicked Edge Professional Series Sharpener 6 months 1 week ago #16685

• wickededge
  • Administrator
tcmeyer wrote:
BTW, the other night I watched your video on how to sharpen straight razors on the Pro Pack, by rotating the pivot blocks 90 degrees to move the pivot point off center, relative to the clamps. Very, very clever. Will the new system still allow you to do that?

I'll have to test if the new system will work for straight razors and get back to you.
--Clay Allison
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds