Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SWAT ACCESSORY

SWAT ACCESSORY 7 months 3 weeks ago #14971

• MarkMassie
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Clay,

I apologize in advance as I know you must get tired of the question, but any specifics on when the SWAT Accessory will be available?

Thanks,

Mark L. Massie
Choctaw, OK
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 6 days ago #15521

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 610
We finally got the latest prototype in and it looks great. I think we're ready for production. I'll announce as soon as we have pricing and a lead time. Photos to follow later today.
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mikedoh, Davidghemail

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 6 days ago #15526

• wickededge
  • Administrator
Here are a couple of pictures I just snapped of the new parts:

Attachment SWAT-2.jpg not found

Attachment SWAT-1.jpg not found

The only change I'm imagining now is to replace the thumb screw with a regular #10-32 socket head cap screw. The Allen key on the vise key will fit it and by not having the larger thumbscrew, it can get all the way up against the blue base for the smallest of angles.
--Clay Allison
The following user(s) said Thank You: LukasPop, tuffybraithwaite, Mikedoh, DanMaloon

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 6 days ago #15527

• MarkMassie
  • Senior Boarder
Clay,

Thanks for the update and I believe the additional change you are recommending will be a much appreciated change. I realize this should probably be self explanatory, but can you provide a quick synopsis of how the system will work to confirm my understanding based on the pictures?

Thank you,

Mark

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 6 days ago #15528

• MarkMassie
  • Senior Boarder
Clay,

Just looking at the picture, wouldn't the width of the vice key become an issue with tightening the socket screw with the SWAT set-up for the sharpest angles?

Thanks,

Mark

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 6 days ago #15529

• wickededge
  • Administrator
MarkMassie wrote:
Clay,

Just looking at the picture, wouldn't the width of the vice key become an issue with tightening the socket screw with the SWAT set-up for the sharpest angles?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, that's a good question, I was worried about the same thing. I tested it out though and there is enough clearance. The perspective of the photo is probably a little bit misleading.
--Clay Allison

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 6 days ago #15530

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
MarkMassie wrote:
Clay,

Thanks for the update and I believe the additional change you are recommending will be a much appreciated change. I realize this should probably be self explanatory, but can you provide a quick synopsis of how the system will work to confirm my understanding based on the pictures?

Thank you,

Mark

SWATS have to be on the key stock. Find the angle you wish to sharpen at like you normally do and tighten in position as you normally would. Now, slide the SWAT over to where it meets the stone/paddle, and tighten at that position. Now you can make up for any difference in stone thickness when changing stones by simply loosening the angle arm clamp, and sliding it over so that the new stone contacts the SWAT, and retighten the angle arm clamp. No need to use the angle cube to keep stones at chosen angle.

Hope that makes sense

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 6 days ago #15532

• MarkMassie
  • Senior Boarder
Clay,

Great news on the clearance of the vice key and thanks for the explanation as to how the SWAT will work. Your explanation is clear and is just like I understood the SWAT would work. I can't wait for the product to become available. Thanks for all you and your team do.

Thanks again,

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 4 days ago #15548

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 145
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I missed this. What does this device do?

SWAT ACCESSORY 6 months 4 days ago #15549

• KenBuzbee
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
Geocyclist wrote:
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I missed this. What does this device do?

couple posts up:
Mikedoh wrote:

SWATS have to be on the key stock. Find the angle you wish to sharpen at like you normally do and tighten in position as you normally would. Now, slide the SWAT over to where it meets the stone/paddle, and tighten at that position. Now you can make up for any difference in stone thickness when changing stones by simply loosening the angle arm clamp, and sliding it over so that the new stone contacts the SWAT, and retighten the angle arm clamp. No need to use the angle cube to keep stones at chosen angle.

Hope that makes sense

I SO want this!

Ken
玉鋼
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by KenBuzbee.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds