Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Industrial Sharpener

Re: Industrial Sharpener 10 months 1 week ago #11772

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 97
please hurry.
<"))))><(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Industrial Sharpener 10 months 3 days ago #11918

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
What an awesome looking bit of kit perhaps it will spawn a revolution in convectional knife sharpening shops.
Although I have noticed that people are slow to change in their ways so many chefs just use steels( And I never quite understand the logic of spending so much time every time they pick up a blade- perhaps it becomes almost a nervous release) and many sharpeners just use high speed stone wheels or paper wheels so hopefully it should not take too much business away from the ordinary WE operators.

Re: Industrial Sharpener 9 months 3 weeks ago #12189

• limpy88
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
A suggestion on the depth gauge. If u make it where the adjustment is at the lever in bottom a threaded system or with notches one handed use. The end used will never have to release the knife to clamp it. Put knife in with right hand, adjust depth with left then clamp with left. That would be ideal for me.

Re: Industrial Sharpener 9 months 3 weeks ago #12190

• LeoBarr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 197
Could the depth gauge -gauges fore & aft perhaps be linked & adjusted with cams & universal joints there could be a fore & aft lever each fitted to a cam to set inclination . This could be one solution another would be a small hydraulic ram under each gauge which would probable be both a simpler & cheaper solution.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds