Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who can guess what this is?

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 4 months ago #11169

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
That's incredibly fast! Are we allowed to vote for what should be next? I'm dying for the low angle attachment.
Don't do that Mark... I would miss you. There is a way around that. Sensory deprivation, you lose track of time. Warm liquid at body temp, no light, no sound. Have somebody drag you out then the attachment is ready to ship...
:ohmy:
:evil:
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by PhilipPasteur.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark76

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 4 months ago #11926

• LeoBarr
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 241
I use the drill stop on my Edge pro and since all the stones vary in thickness particularly with use it is invaluable - the only time I cannot use it if for sharpening scissors(Edge Pro has a dedicated table attachment for scissors but the angles are much larger so the stone variation thickness does not change the angle appreciable : but on smaller angles the drill stop collar comes into its own(without it the angles would change markedly between differing stones). I have just placed my order for the WE June 12th and hope that they will be ready for purchase before my order is despatched since I will certainly add them to my order.

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13020

• CliffordBegnaud
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Clay,
Would you please post a picture with a handle/stone in place, being gauged by the swat device? I'm trying to figure out how the plastic handle is placed on the upper part of the L bracket (pro 2). The tightening knob on the L bracket gets in the way. It appears that the handle must be placed perpendicular to the degree bar so that the Pin on the Swat can contact it. What am I missing? Or is my early production Pro 2 different from what you show in the picture (the knobs on mine are black plastic)
thanks,
Cliff

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13022

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
CliffordBegnaud wrote:
Clay,
Would you please post a picture with a handle/stone in place, being gauged by the swat device? I'm trying to figure out how the plastic handle is placed on the upper part of the L bracket (pro 2). The tightening knob on the L bracket gets in the way. It appears that the handle must be placed perpendicular to the degree bar so that the Pin on the Swat can contact it. What am I missing? Or is my early production Pro 2 different from what you show in the picture (the knobs on mine are black plastic)
thanks,
Cliff

I'm not Clay, but he gave me a prototype to play with, so maybe this'll help.

There's no real rules on using this, the key is to find two consistent points. So, for example, you could move the Micro Adjust "holding" screw to the back side, and use it like this...

hd9fe927.jpg

... or leave the screw in the front and use it like this...

h8e869fa.jpg

... (a way I'm actually finding to be a little more accurate for me). You could also just tighten the micro adjust down so it can't turn, and take the holding screw out completely, since you probably shouldn't need to use it in combo with the SWAT jig.

(BTW, I think the picture at the beginning of the thread is a CAD drawing, which is why it looks a little different?).
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by cbwx34.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wickededge, CliffordBegnaud, Mikedoh

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13025

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 125
Any idea how close this is to being available?
Seems like it would be a whole lot easier than constantly fiddling with the angle cube.
Have you compared how close using the swat comes to duplicating the angle cube per the angle cube?

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13027

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 413
Mikedoh wrote:
Any idea how close this is to being available?
Seems like it would be a whole lot easier than constantly fiddling with the angle cube.
Have you compared how close using the swat comes to duplicating the angle cube per the angle cube?

Should be close... he told me the other day he got some in... I'm not sure if that's some to sell, or to check how they're coming out... either way, it shouldn't be long. (My guess anyway).

You still (in case not everyone knows) have to set the initial angle (with the cube or someway), but once set up, switching between different width stones, which is what the SWAT jig is made for.... from my testing, keeps it at the same angle... you'll see a .10 or .20 difference, but some of that could even be measuring errors.... it will cleanly swipe the marker off the bevel between stones (another way I checked for accuracy).

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13028

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds great

Re: Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13039

• CliffordBegnaud
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thank you Curtis, this helps.

Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13057

• R.JeffreyCoates
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Can't wait !!

Who can guess what this is? 1 year 2 months ago #13421

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
Any updates for us anxious minions?
Thanks
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds