Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Securing flexible blades - alternative idea...

Re: Securing flexible blades - alternative idea... 1 year 1 month ago #11433

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 410
I've used a real camera.... it's me. :)

The screws with the levers Clay gave me to try... since I have the clearance with the vacuum base setup. They don't work with the standard base. Also have some clearance problems at smaller angles (hit the base of the unit), and can't use the holder for the vise key. So, in the end, they're OK, but no real advantage, other than being a little easier to tighten.

Didn't have any problem reaching the length of the knife.

As for holding a heavy knife, I don't think this idea would help... I'd try using something like leather, moleskin, or drawer liner, to give the vise a better grip.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Securing flexible blades - alternative idea... 1 year 1 month ago #11528

• mark76
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 348
The screws look very sturdy. Exactly what I'd want for being able to tighten the screws that connect the arms to the angle bar very tightly. These screws do come loose from time to time during sharpening in my case. (No, I don't use Loctite, maybe I should.)
As for holding a heavy knife, I don't think this idea would help... I'd try using something like leather, moleskin, or drawer liner, to give the vise a better grip.

I don't know whether we understand eachother correctly (and maybe you didn't direct this comment to me). It isn't about heavy knives, this can happen with any sort of knife. The idea of moleskin or leather sounds good, but how do I apply this to a WEPS screw? Or should I ask this at my local hardware store?

Re: Securing flexible blades - alternative idea... 1 year 1 month ago #11534

• cbwx34
  • Thank you received: 410
The "heavy knife" was in response to Eamon's post. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds