Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fiction or Fact - Do sharp knives dull easier?

Re: Factor in the steel? 1 year 5 months ago #9297

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 638
KenBuzbee wrote:
As a note to Clay, I watched your video sharpening a Strider S110V. IIRC you took it through 10K Choseras, then stropped it (it looked beautiful, by the way) Did you ever get any feedback as to how well that edge performed? And for how long? Given you angle you put on it and the refinement of the edge, if any knife were going to see carbides chipping out, I'd think that one would have.

Ken

I haven't heard back from the owner of the knife, but I'd be very curious to hear about it as well. If that were my knife, I'd use it and gauge the durability and then add a micro-bevel as needed.
--Clay Allison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Factor in the steel? 1 year 5 months ago #9302

• KenBuzbee
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
wickededge wrote:
I haven't heard back from the owner of the knife, but I'd be very curious to hear about it as well. If that were my knife, I'd use it and gauge the durability and then add a micro-bevel as needed.

Excellent thought, Clay. Any feel for how it might be performing, as you finished it?

Ken
玉鋼

Re: Factor in the steel? 1 year 5 months ago #9304

• wickededge
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 638
KenBuzbee wrote:
Excellent thought, Clay. Any feel for how it might be performing, as you finished it?

Ken

The edge was very keen, but I didn't do any testing of it other than light stuff e.g. paper, hair etc...
--Clay Allison
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds