Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stones vs new arms as a upgrade

Re: Stones vs new arms as a upgrade 1 year 2 months ago #10940

• JaredHunter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Thanks for all the replys. I guess I will be geting the stons first. I will get the arms at a later point.

As for a belt sander, I would eventually like to get a 2x72 as I would like to modify some knives I have.

I would like to go higher strop for my self mostly. But that option to a customer will always be good.

I would like to get the micro ceramics as well. Eventually I will have every stone and strop available but it will be a while for that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stones vs new arms as a upgrade 1 year 2 months ago #10942

• blacksheep25
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
I'm going to vote opposite of the popular consensus... you already have a good assortment of stones, so I'd go for the upgrade arms. As a point of reference, I'm not really into the polishing it to a mirror finished edge (so I haven't even used the 3.5u polish).

Thinking back, I bought my WE system in the following order:

1) pro kit: 100/200, 400/600, 800/1000, 1200/1600, and 3.5/5 leather strop packs (10/2011)
2) PP2 upgrade arms & angle cube (11/2012)
3) 50/80, micro-fines (02/2013)
4) low angle adapter (05/2013)

My logic would be you only use one set of stones/strops at a time, but every single one of them could benefit from the extra precision of the ball joint arms.

Ultimately, it's really comes down to what end you're trying to achieve; as others have said, you can't go wrong either way.

Re: Stones vs new arms as a upgrade 1 year 2 months ago #10953

• JoseFuste
  • Junior Boarder
  • Jose
  • Thank you received: 5
Get the micro fine ceramics, they are expensive but worth it. I'm really happy with them. :cheer:

Re: Stones vs new arms as a upgrade 1 year 2 months ago #10955

• Geocyclist
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 143
This is all good discussion. But let's be honest. It's not a question of one vs. another. It's a question of which one first. You know will you get both at some point. :silly:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds