Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Life after PP1

Life after PP1 11 months 3 weeks ago #13297

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
I also filed the tips of the set screws flat and put purple locktite on the threads.. and use a small set of pliers to snug the screws down once everything is set. This all makes using the flat side of the bar easier... I really hate it when I am flailing away with the paddles and my angle randomly changes...

:ohmy:

BTW, doing things as I do them now, I don't have that problem anymore.
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by PhilipPasteur.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Life after PP1 11 months 3 weeks ago #13313

• EamonMcGowan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 195
PhilipPasteur wrote:
I really hate it when I am flailing away with the paddles and my angle randomly changes
This has happened to me one to many times! :S I now keep a allen head wrench on the bench as part of my tool setup. It is now SOP to tighten everything down anytime a change has been made? It takes a minute longer but saves a bunch of grief in the end! B)
Also I changed my bar around and like much better! I can set mine very precise and do it very quickly. :P
I put my angle cube on the paddle and just move the whole ball joint ever so slightly till I get the reading I'm looking for? I did this with the original bar and the upgraded one and it works great. :woohoo:
The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?
An old Irish toast, May the wind always be at your back, may you always have work and may you be in heaven a half hour before the devil knows your dead. Cheers!

Life after PP1 11 months 3 weeks ago #13314

• PhilipPasteur
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Phil
  • Thank you received: 233
I need to call Kyle and get some of the newer set screws with the hex socket. Mine do not have that feature.. which is why I use the pliers on the knurling... same result, different tool.
:)
Phil

MAX 2001-2013
Hoping there is that bridge!
I miss you Buddy!
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds