Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saturday the 15th at the farmers fare

Re: new tip finished 1 year 1 month ago #11998

• Mikedoh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 105
X2
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: new tip finished 1 year 1 month ago #12000

• jendeindustries
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 113
Nice job! B)
Tom Blodgett
Jende Industries, LLC

My Blog: jendeindustries.wordpress.com

Re: Saturday the 15th at the farmers fare 1 year 1 month ago #12022

• JedBowen
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
My event license only allows me to render a service, so i am not allowed to sell anything - over the years i have gathered up many knives from here and there......so i give them away and hope i get a sharpening service out of them......in 6 sat's i have sharpened 5 - already sharp, i just strop for few minutes........2 to 3 bucks max. amount
scissors - not hard to sharpen by hand - i use EP 600 paddle and end with 800 most of the time.
shears - i use cordless drill with sharpening stone (round) - on small ones, i use hand file and 800 paddles - on some larger ones, i have used the 80 and 200 paddles.
i use the EP polishing tapes a lot on the WE - i just stick to fine side of ceramic paddles and go to town with them - i like the polishing tapes and i really want to get some of those diamond lapping film from lee valley and try some of those also.....they sound pretty nice.[/quote]

I was selling knives that I had sharpened too but I also went through and sanded down the scales until they were even and revealed the nice wood under all the gunk and grime. Second is a coating of polyurethane with a 4 hour dry time and a 220 wet sanding then a final coat of polyurethane and then hit it with the WE. I call it recycling and giving the old knives a second chance. The farmers market is alright with that. seeing how people make bird bathes out of terracotta planters and such it only seems fair to allow sales of a "recycled" knife. Max I do like the free knife sign and may see if I can get some more sales that way because people always like deals.
I have to brag a bit on this as I get the knives from yard sales and the thrift stores at about .25 each, clean the blades up with some barkeepers helper to make the blades shine again then finish the scales as above and sell them for $8 to $10 each depending on the size of the knife.

Re: new tip finished 1 year 1 month ago #12023

• MarkMassie
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Looks Great!

Re: Saturday the 15th at the farmers fare 1 year 1 month ago #12051

• tuffybraithwaite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
and sanded down the scales until they were even and revealed the nice wood under all the gunk and grime. Second is a coating of polyurethane with a 4 hour dry time and a 220 wet sanding then a final coat of polyurethane and then hit it with the WE. I call it recycling and giving the old knives a second chance. The farmers market is alright with that. seeing how people make bird bathes out of terracotta planters and such it only seems fair to allow sales of a "recycled" knife. Max I do like the free knife sign and may see if I can get some more sales that way because people always like deals.
I have to brag a bit on this as I get the knives from yard sales and the thrift stores at about .25 each, clean the blades up with some barkeepers helper to make the blades shine again then finish the scales as above and sell them for $8 to $10 each depending on the size of the knife.[/quote]
all mine were thrift store knives........same price as u paid......i clean all handles with wire wheel -nothing beyound that - average sharpening price is 3.00 bucks - all sharp,.......i used them for pratice when i got my EP and WE sometime back..... i just strop them.
<"))))><(
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds